Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Simple question

[ QUOTE ]
I still have received no good reason not to play the hand exactly how I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

So play it the same way the next time you flop a royal, you condescending arrogant.....

People have raised some good points about how to play this, that you have argued exhaustively (I believe in the wrong, but...), and disrespectfully. Do not post hands and look for praise, because in a forum filled with people who have honed their skills to find flaws in people's play you won't get it. Go show the hand to you mom (or another loved one of your choosing), and you will get your desired reaction.

That's it.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Someone let this post DIE!!!

Because they will call is a perfectly acceptable reson to bet the flop. You get more money into the pot w/the best hand. Also, what kind of a hand would a checkraise "tie" to the pot. Theres a 3 flush on the board and anyone w/out a flushdraw is going to be very scared. I agree that betting out here is superior b/c there is really are very few cards on the turn that will "tie" someone to the pot w/a hand they would have folded on the turn for 1 bet. The only ones I can think of is when a player has a pp and they hit a set on the turn. The more likely outcome is that they fold on the turn to your c/r and you win 1 bb instead of a sb or 2. betting out on this flop actually feigns weakness I think b/c it looks like an obvious bluff

Please let this post die!! This is one of those "I flopped a royal and I want to brag posts" The orignal poster seems incapable of accepting crticism of his play. Why post did you post this then? If you are convinced your play was good then theres nothing to argue. This should be a accepted rule in these forums. If your willing to post a hand don't sit there an write how everyone who criticizes your play is wrong. Ask questions about why they recommend a play or how they came to the conclusion but don't say "your wrong, I'm going to keep playing it my way" If you feel this way, DON'T POST THE HAND b/c you don't need help playing it.

I hate posts like this where somoeone flops a huge hand and then asks, can I get more bets out of this. How many times do you hit 4 of kind or a strait flush? very rare. Bottom line is you can't butcher these hands too bad and they will not add to your win rate significantly b/c it occurs so rare. Can people please stop posting them b/c they generate a lot of useless discussion.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Simple question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still have received no good reason not to play the hand exactly how I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

So play it the same way the next time you flop a royal, you condescending arrogant.....

People have raised some good points about how to play this, that you have argued exhaustively (I believe in the wrong, but...), and disrespectfully. Do not post hands and look for praise, because in a forum filled with people who have honed their skills to find flaws in people's play you won't get it. Go show the hand to you mom (or another loved one of your choosing), and you will get your desired reaction.

That's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol nice post. Still no reason not to check the flop though, in spite of you telling me good points have been raised. They have not.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Someone let this post DIE!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Because they will call is a perfectly acceptable reson to bet the flop. You get more money into the pot w/the best hand. Also, what kind of a hand would a checkraise "tie" to the pot. Theres a 3 flush on the board and anyone w/out a flushdraw is going to be very scared. I agree that betting out here is superior b/c there is really are very few cards on the turn that will "tie" someone to the pot w/a hand they would have folded on the turn for 1 bet. The only ones I can think of is when a player has a pp and they hit a set on the turn. The more likely outcome is that they fold on the turn to your c/r and you win 1 bb instead of a sb or 2. betting out on this flop actually feigns weakness I think b/c it looks like an obvious bluff

Please let this post die!! This is one of those "I flopped a royal and I want to brag posts" The orignal poster seems incapable of accepting crticism of his play. Why post did you post this then? If you are convinced your play was good then theres nothing to argue. This should be a accepted rule in these forums. If your willing to post a hand don't sit there an write how everyone who criticizes your play is wrong. Ask questions about why they recommend a play or how they came to the conclusion but don't say "your wrong, I'm going to keep playing it my way" If you feel this way, DON'T POST THE HAND b/c you don't need help playing it.

I hate posts like this where somoeone flops a huge hand and then asks, can I get more bets out of this. How many times do you hit 4 of kind or a strait flush? very rare. Bottom line is you can't butcher these hands too bad and they will not add to your win rate significantly b/c it occurs so rare. Can people please stop posting them b/c they generate a lot of useless discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Because they will call" is not a good enough reason to bet the flop here. The point is to get the most money in the pot, and a flop bet does not give you the best chance to do this. Still no good arguments the other way here.

And I'll post whatever I want, thanks. I don't spam, I don't clutter, and nobody is forcing you to respond or read my posts.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I'll post whatever I want, thanks. I don't spam, I don't clutter, and nobody is forcing you to respond or read my posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep coming back under different names, which makes it more difficult for people to avoid you.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Comments on the slowplay welcome, but mainly I just love this flop =)

Dear Hulk,

I do not see anything wrong in the turn C/R [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (13.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Regards D
Old 02-19-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Because they will call" is not a good enough reason to bet the flop here. The point is to get the most money in the pot, and a flop bet does not give you the best chance to do this. Still no good arguments the other way here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Hulk,

You (and all of your aliases) are the most rhetorical poster I have ever seen.

Several arguments have been given to support betting the flop. You've just (subjectively) dismissed them as "no good."

I suppose this whole discussion revolves around the semantics of what constitutes a "good argument." I suggest finding a "Philosophy Forum" for further discussion on this matter.

Shouldn't you be on a flight to The Bike in LA??

Adam
Old 02-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Default My take

Raise preflop.

Your hand is a little different than Hulk's because you didn't raise preflop, and you have 5 players acting behind you, as opposed to only *1*.

First let me say that I don't "hate" the way that Hulk played his above hand. The point, though, with these flopped monster hands is that, as the Hulk has said, they are "deck killers," meaning most of time time you aren't going to get much action out of them (unfortunately). Therefore, a check-raise here or there isn't going to contribute very much to your overall winrate - given that sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but in any case, THEY DON'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN.

<font color="blue">These monster's do have tremendous value in the rare instances when one of your opponent's has a 2nd best 'big hand.' (ie. a set, boat, or quads against a straight flush).

In such instances, slow playing is NOT a good idea because when you bet out, you will get raised, then you can reraise, etc, etc. The hand will likely get capped every street! Therefore, if you had "slowplayed" any street, you would have missed bets.

In summary, most of the times you flop there monsters there won't be much difference in your profit regardless of how you play them. HOWEVER, in those rare instances when someone is going to pay you off, they're going to do so LARGELY, so don't slow play it - milk it.</font>

Adam
Old 02-19-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Hulk,

You (and all of your aliases) are the most rhetorical poster I have ever seen.

Several arguments have been given to support betting the flop. You've just (subjectively) dismissed them as "no good."

I suppose this whole discussion revolves around the semantics of what constitutes a "good argument." I suggest finding a "Philosophy Forum" for further discussion on this matter.

Shouldn't you be on a flight to The Bike in LA??

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Where?

Where have these arguments been given?

List any that you have found "good" or persuasive.

And I'm not flying to LA, it's like a 4 hour drive. Wtf aliases are you talking about. We're talking about how to play a monster.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:11 PM

Stewie I say Cluster B PD, elements of histrionic and narcissistic PD.

Hit the books and get off the forums champ.