Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 12:30 PM

Default AKs: Turning into calling station on the big bet streets.....

i just sat down, so there's no definitive stats on the players involved in the hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: JEM is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JEM 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">JEM raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, JEM calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, JEM calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

MP3 betting into me on the turn was a complete surprise, not sure what he could be holding, but i wasn't going to let go of this hand... is there any time when calling the turn and river would be right? my logic is that if i'm beaten by a hand like two pair, then it'd be the cheapest way to a showdown, but if he was bluffing, i'd get the most bets from him if he was going to fold to a turn raise....any comments?
Old 02-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: AKs: Turning into calling station on the big bet streets.....

yea i never these these stop n gos, but i always feel if the guy has a good hand why doesnt he check raise?
seems like he thinks this guy is goanna bet if he has something so ill have to call anyway,but if i bet there is a slight chance he may fold.
Idunno is this the thinking when they do it
I might have 2 bet the turn and see what he does
Old 02-19-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: AKs: Turning into calling station on the big bet streets.....

I think you need to pop him back one more time on the turn. He's limped then cold called two more bets preflop; that's a red flag. With no reads, I'm tentatively putting him on a middle wired pair, or maybe an AXs, or maybe just two broadway cards like KQ, KJ, or QJ.

With the flop call and turn stop-n-go, he could have spiked a set with either his 88 or 77 but he could just be on a KJ or QJ. Raise the turn to find out. If he 3-bets you, then you have a choice. You can either fold to save your money, or you can see a showdown and make a note of what he has.

With no reads, your line is nice because you see a cheap showdown, and you can make a note for the future, but I'm much more inclined to play back at him on 4th street.