Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 01:42 AM

Default How many mistakes?

15/30 Party

No special reads. Looks like passive-occasionally tricky table.

How many mistakes i've done? How many mistakes my opponents done? They say im total fool after this hand. Maybe they right?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (19.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ad Ah (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ac Td (straight, ace high).
MP2 has 7h Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 22.50 BB. </font>
Old 02-19-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: How many mistakes?

You made 1 mistake IMO. After 2 limpers in the Party 15, you are almost assured coldcallers behind you when in MP, and ATo sucks in that situation. I'd fold preflop.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:04 AM

"Maybe they right?"

More maybe they wrong.

I suppose they thought you should not have drawn to your inside straight. On the flop, you were getting, by my fuzzy math, 21:1 for a 10.75:1 chance to hit. Yes, it might have been raised behind, lowering your odds, but it also might be (and indeed was) called behind by several players, effectively increasing your odds. The rainbow flop protects you against hitting a straight and losing to a flush. On the turn, you're still getting 14:1 for a 10.5:1 shot with the same parameters still present.

Guys who lose with pocket aces to an inside straight draw like to call their opponents total fools. When they check-call every round on a non-paired rainbow board, they deserve to lose. Guys who cold-call a pre-flop raise with Q-7 shouldn't call their opponents total fools.

The biggest fool would be somebody who, given a choice, didn't play in that game.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, T.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, MP2 calls, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad hand to raise with in MP but calling is waay worse, but a passive game would allow some flexibility, getting limp-reraised by an UTG player should at least signal to you that your hand is dominated at best and crushed at worst. Pot provides some overlay.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (21 SB) 5, Q, J (7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy call here. The pot odds were set up preflop, limp trapping that many players is not a good way to protect aces.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (13.50 BB) 4 (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you suspect a raise around back this is another easy call 14.5-1 currently and ended up @ 19 bbs, River played itself. I think before the flop you made a few errors, but can't be faulted for drawing to correct pot odds. If anything the FPS trap play w/ the Aces set up UTGs fate. That is a play best used in tight aggressive games, w/ tough players, not calling stations
Old 02-19-2005, 02:11 AM

The biggest mistake is raising preflop. You need to fold this with 2 early limpers and many still to act after you.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:15 AM

After that limp-reraise play and check on flop i was pretty afraid of im call - UTG raises and UTG+1 3bets, or maybe SB-BB raises.

If i was MP2 and misclicked preflop i would raise flop here without thinking.

On turn i also have hard thinking as probability for me to be trapped i thought with QQ,JJ,55 is quite high, in this pot also with some marginal hands.

Actually I think calling preflop is not way worse, but folding is much better than either other option. If you were assured buying the button with your raise, then just calling would be way worse, but in this game, that's not gonna happen very often.

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest mistake is raising preflop. You need to fold this with 2 early limpers and many still to act after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Change "biggest" to "only" and I agree.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:28 AM

Yeah I stopped reading after the pre-flop action.

I also think the post flop action is fine. You are getting more than enough odds to draw.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:22 AM

Preflop: I think you should have folded. ATo is not a good multiway hand, and you already have two callers in front of you.

Rest of the hadn: I think you played correctly. You had the correct odds to chase.