Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Cubs to Win Division

The sportbooks I've checked have the Cubs at 4-5 to win the division. Trade Sport has them at about 2-1. If you want to bet the Cubs this looks like the place to go.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Cubs to Win Division

[ QUOTE ]
The sportbooks I've checked have the Cubs at 4-5 to win the division. Trade Sport has them at about 2-1. If you want to bet the Cubs this looks like the place to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the odds for the cubs to lose their division?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:22 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the odds for the cubs to lose their division?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I wasn't trying to sell the Cubs just pointing out a substantial difference in odds if you buy shares on trade sports.

If you feel that tradesports will eventually catch up with the market then buying the shares now and plan on selling them for a profit before the season starts it really don't matter if you feel they will end in the basement.

What is more important to you, picking a winner or making more money on an opportunity?

Next time read my post, study it, and carefully ask yourself if my post is making a prediction or pointing out a possible value opportunity. Then argue the correct point so you don't soil yourself later. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 04:07 PM

Ummmm....if there was a place where I could bet against the Cubs to win the division I would jump all over it.

HOU and STL should make this close to a 3-horse race again.
CIN and PIT could be reasonably competitive as well.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm....if there was a place where I could bet against the Cubs to win the division I would jump all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tradesports. Cubs not to win is floating around -200 or so.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't argue that with you. All my innitial post gives is a discrepency in odds. If you like the Cubs it is the best odds.

It is all very possible that tradesports will move toward the rest of the industry. You can buy at the current price and sell for a profit BEFORE the season even starts.

The post is just pointing out a possible opportunity and you do not need to believe the Cubs have a chance for this to be profitable.

If you don't like the Cubs fine don't invite them to dinner. If you feel the industry will move toward tradesports line then decide against buying a tradeable wager.

I have a sneaky suspicion that someone understands the information and the possible opportunity that I'm pointing out. Someone may even benefit from it.

Why do multiple posters think I said I liked the Cubs or I'm making a prediction here? It is an opportunity and if it went over your head I am sorry but I'm not skilled enough to explain it any better.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was patient enough to bet that, but unless I'm gonna put a grand I can't afford to lose on it I don't wanna tie up money now and have to wait AGES to cash in on this SURE THING NL CENTRAL LOCK OF THE MILLENIUM
Old 02-18-2005, 04:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important info. This line is very close to coorelating a guarenteed profit with the line I gave. Where did you find this line on their site?
Old 02-18-2005, 05:20 PM

I got pittsurburgh to win national league pennant for +12000. Worth it right?
Old 02-18-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you did introduce predictions on the NL Central in my post regarding a disparity that some may want to take advantage of I have an opinion on what you predicted.

I don't believe the Astros will make it a 3 team race. Matter of fact I like Cin. better than Hou. If Cin. stays healthy they may surprise. Astros and Reds are both at 12-1.

The Pirates being respectable was very funny though. Koodos to bringing a smile to my face.