Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: The Egyptians have landed!

[ QUOTE ]

Re: the plaque... Yeah, my Mom mentioned that too, I didn't notice it (starstruck maybe?). I asked and Chipco said that it's the way the plaques are placed in the machine. Other plaques are printed on the horizontal (like a dollar bill), which is how they're printed even when it's a vertical print.

No biggy to me, like you said, you can't see both sides at once...

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like a goof on Chipcos part. they could have just flipped the back picture in their computer and printed away and that could have solved the problem. i think it defeats the whole purpose of putting the back of Tut altogether.

nonetheless, great chips!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:12 AM

You say it says Poker Oasis, but I'm not sure about that because the symbol for "E" seems to be the same symbol for "I".

I can shuffle my plaques, two stacks of six pretty easily. I agree that it is a printing goof.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An astute observer might notice that MY $1 chips are different than everyone else's...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm not very astute...

J5
Old 02-18-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say it says Poker Oasis, but I'm not sure about that because the symbol for "E" seems to be the same symbol for "I".

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll find that different Egyptologists (and websites) will disagere on certain sounds that heiroglyphics are meant to represent. In particular, the "R" and "L" sounds are interchanged frequently, as well as the "E" sound (as in "dead") and the "I" sound (as in "did").

I have a tattoo that says "Greg" in heiroglyphics. I could show different experts, and some would say it says "Grig" or "Gleg" or even "Glig." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you listen to people with different nationalities say my name, you can actually hear it said in all those ways (and more), so it's not really that far fetched.

Also, when you plug in words in those online translators, rememeber to keep it all phonetic. "Poker" will not have that E in it, it'll just be POKR.

Ten
Old 02-18-2005, 01:14 PM

Thought the explanation would be something like that. Thanks for the info.

By the way, I'm no Egyptian history expert, but I was thinking about the $25,000 anniversary plaque. What could rank higher than Tut himself? I was thinking Ra, but you've already used orange & yellow. In fact, you are probably limited to pink and gray. How'd Cleopatra fit into the whole thing? Also, maybe a gray Nile river scene?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

... I was thinking about the $25,000 anniversary plaque. ... How'd Cleopatra fit into the whole thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleopatra was fugly in real life. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

More on the $25k chip later...

Ten
Old 02-18-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought the explanation would be something like that. Thanks for the info.

By the way, I'm no Egyptian history expert, but I was thinking about the $25,000 anniversary plaque. What could rank higher than Tut himself? I was thinking Ra, but you've already used orange & yellow. In fact, you are probably limited to pink and gray. How'd Cleopatra fit into the whole thing? Also, maybe a gray Nile river scene?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pretty firm plans for a $25,000 anniversary plaque. Haven't thought much about the subject though. Maybe a scene this time, like one of the $5k mockups. We'll see. It'll be a year or so before it happens.

Ten

[I can assure you that it will NOT be pink.]
Old 02-18-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: High spots???

I received my order today and I am not sure what to make of this. I took 10 $1 chips up to my office to play with while on the phone, of the 10 there are 4 chips with a very noticable sharp ridge on the side. When you run your fingernail across the side it catches on this ridge. I will take some time later to do a thorough inspection of the shipment.
Does this sound right to any of you???
Old 02-18-2005, 03:53 PM

I started a seperate thread "Chipco quality control" to get a larger view.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:21 PM

Mine just came!!!! They are sweeeeet!!!! My case from 5star showed up too, perfect timing!!!!

I will be putting in my re-order Sunday night, so that i can complete this set.