Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 05:14 AM

Default Re: QQ with a lot of limpers

btw I dont think that checking is bad, I would generally bet like 125 though. I've definitely checked in this situation before.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:15 AM

Also I think the preflop raise is a good amount. Something like 100-125 would be my general preference here.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:18 AM

great post strasser, you are a great asset to the 2+2 community.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:04 AM

Thanks for all the replies.
Lots of good discussion and points to ponder.

Just for the record, I wasn't looking for *the one and only* way to play this hand... I'm more interested in learning about ways that I could've played the hand better. There was lots of insight. Thanks everyone.

The consensus seems to be to play QQ strong preflop.
Think post flop, and act accordingly. There are lots of options.

I know that a lot depends on the table texture. This was early enough in the game that I had no reads on anybody (except that they like to limp). There is no reason to think that this game is any different than your typical $10.

To Jason's very helpful post: I took a lot away from that. I'm still not sure if I would've felt confident raising big if I were holding JJ. I'm certainly not saying that raising JJ is wrong, but I'm also not convinced that limping with JJ is wrong either.

ss
Old 02-18-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Were you called by a weak ace or a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL If I told you what called me, you'd call this a "bad beat post" and then I wouldn't get my question answered.

Seriously though, I'm not posting this because I lost. I'm posting this because when action got to me, I wasn't sure how much to bet to drive 3 limpers out with the blinds still to act, and I wasn't even sure if raising was the right move. I really found this to be a tough decision.

The result was just as I wanted... I got called by an inferior hand. I'm just wondering if in the long run I'll typically get called by hands that dominate me.

ss

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhh, there's 2 hands in the deck that dominate you, and they will usually raise and if not you will be re-raised huge by EP limper. So yes, you are giving the $10 Party fishies wayyyyy too much credit. Otherwise, I think Id have played it pretty similarly.