Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 12:46 AM

Default fish food (psychology post?)

I am getting super frustrated (angered). I have poker tracker, lurk here all the time, learned a lot from all the posts, but yet can't seem to get positive. My poker tracker stats are falling in line as time goes by. Tonight I am especially frustrated since the fish are eating me alive. My confidence is shot. I am really starting to believe you can't be a winner in micro-limit. I spend all week getting ahead only to have a horrible night and drop back? Could I be picking the wrong tables? Also, why does PT say every table is VPIP of 20%?

My biggest leak: slowly lowering starting hands due to slow progression to tilt (loose people are really getting to me)
Old 02-18-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: fish food (psychology post?)

Post hands. Microlimits are definitely profitable. You may be going through a bad run of cards, but you may also have a few (major) leaks in your game.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:55 AM

I am going to reply to my own post with a question. Is there such a thing as too many fish at a table? Or better yet too many at Party Poker or any other site? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 12:58 AM

No. Too many fish means that they're making more mistakes. And for every mistake they make, you profit long term. I think that you have a few leaks in your game, I had the same thing, I thought I was playing correctly but I had to re-examine myself after I started losing. Now I'm up by a bunch. The WORST thing you can do is lower your starting requirements. You're leaking chips all over the place when you start limping from EP with any ace, or raising with QJ.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:04 AM

yes, if anything, you should play tighter and not looser.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:10 AM

I only lower my standards after getting angered and frustrated. I try to make up losses to quickly. I could have never imagined internet being so much harder than brick and mortar.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to reply to my own post with a question. Is there such a thing as too many fish at a table? Or better yet too many at Party Poker or any other site? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

let me rephrase would you rather play against 9bad players, or 9WSOP bracelet winners(R. Varkoni excluded)?? easy answere, sure there will be days were they continously draw out, but its more likely you aren't making the correct adjustments to the tightness/looseness, passive/aggression of the table and playing hands wrong for the conditions