Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: completely butchered hand

I think it needs to be said... sometimes, you're going to get bluffed out of a hand. The only way you call his reraise is if you have a read on the guy to know he would make a lot of bluffs. Since he showed his bluff... I'm inclined to believe he may bluff a lot. Take notes on players. After a while, you should know who's going to bluff it and who's not.

Last night at .25bb nl I had pocket 10s. I limped with them. The board flopped 4-5-4. I bet the pot. The shortstack called my bet. Everyone else folded. An Ace falls. I bet again. The guy goes all in (basically doubling my bet). I thought to myself... this guy sucks. He's been playing terribly all night. He's been giving his money away. Did he really just call my bet with an overcard? As I realized he was this dumb... I almost laid it down there. Then I thought, this guy is an idiot. I know it. Its only another bet of mine. I was willing to call another bet simply because I knew the guy was 'that bad.' He could still have been betting on 2 pair.. 4s and 5s. And he was shortstacked so he didn't want to give it up. I called. River was nothing memorable. I won and laughed.

I just checked the hand history today. He had a 3-K. When the ace landed, he went all-in with the inside straight draw. He was actually worse then I gave him credit for.

I know I tangented and babbled there. But the point is... I don't think laying down to a bluff is 'butchering' a hand. Unless you knew the guy had it in him, I think a lot of people would lay down there.