Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Want A Debit Card...ePass or Neteller?

I am looking to get a debit card tied directly to my poker bankroll. I currently do not have an ePass account but was wondering if that would be a better option then neteller. I am mostly interested in ATM transactions and not worried about the ePass card not working at all websites and such.

Basically which works better in terms of Fees and am I correcly assuming there is not a 1K limit on your ePass card like there is on neteller?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Want A Debit Card...ePass or Neteller?

So anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-16-2005, 02:11 PM

I have a neteller card and have never pressed it into use, I lookes at the fees EPass is a lot higher, first there is a yearly fee to have a card, then a per transaction. Neteller, you pay like $2 to load the $ onto the card and $1.50 per W/d plus whatever the bank charges you for the w/d(look for a smaller bank or credit union many of their atm's are fee free so the bank doesnt charge you like $4 to take $ out.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM

The epassporte has an annual fee of $35 whereas the neteller card is free. I would guess that there are load charges associated with each of the cards (Neteller's is $2). There is also a limit of how much can be deposited into a Neteller card over a 24 hour period (its $998 net the $2 processing fee). This may or may not be an issue. This limit has been an issue for me when I needed to purchase large ticket items.

I think the advantage of the epassporte card is that it is it functions as a Visa card. This means that you can use it anywhere, whereas you can only use the Neteller card where debit cards are accepted. When I was in your shoes I chose the Neteller card because paying a $35 annual fee offended me.

Passion
Old 02-16-2005, 05:53 PM

Is netellers fee for using it a straight 2 dollars or is it 2 dollars plus an atm fee on their end?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:58 PM

+ATM fees
Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 PM

Dont they get you on the exchange rate as well US to Canadian and back when you withdraw at an ATM ?
Old 02-16-2005, 07:17 PM

There is an ATM fee. Today I moved over 1000 from Neteller to my Neteller debit card. The $2 fee was taken off the top leaving me with a tansfer of $998. Prior to the transfer I had a debit card balence of $9, so after the transfer I had $1007. I then went my banks (no fee) ATM and did two withdrawls of $500. For each withdrawl I was charged a 1.50 fee. Thus, I was able to pull out $1000 in cash for total fees of $5 ($2+$1.5+$1.5) or 2%. I don't think there are any exchange rates issues.

Passion
Old 02-16-2005, 07:46 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i have both, and use epassporte, and never use neteller. the fees are similar, there is no fee to get money on the epass card, as you card is simply linked to your epass account. i have a 3k daily limit for the visa card, and a 1500 daily atm limit. i like it, although their service is horrid and trying to get my limits increased has been a challenge. but i use it for everything nowadays, occasionally a store wont accept it, but more often than not it works great.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM

what are the epass limits and fees?