Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Small clock for blinds?

I posting to find out if anyone knows of a good, simple alarm clock/stop watch that will fit in a poker case. I play in a series of non-regular home games/tournaments. Most times the blinds are upped when someone goes out (somewhat defeating the point of blinds) I'm looking for a small clock that can fit in a poker case(even at the expense of a deck.) that can easily be reset in a count down timer format and will beep/ ring when it goes off. IT doesn't need to be poker specific.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Small clock for blinds?

Go to a place that sells kitchen stuff and pick up a cooking timer. Those are cheap, small, and do exactly what you want.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to a place that sells kitchen stuff and pick up a cooking timer. Those are cheap, small, and do exactly what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in Aruba for the WPT event, there were satellites every day for the $500 that nite. Anyway, it seems that they forgot to bring timers for all the satellite tables, so someone had to run out to a store and get kitchen timers.

One of them was shaped like a rooster, which of course led to all sorts of comments, like "I think his cock is going to go off any time now" and "his cock goes off every fifteen minutes - I always have to wait at least half an hour".
Old 02-16-2005, 03:44 PM

Yeah, you could use a cooking timer or any old digital watch without the band on it.

I'd pay up to $50 for a LCD device that was the size of a bridge deck of cards but as thin as possible. You could program it with a button interface (or the home PC, but that would make it more expensive). It would show time left in round, blinds and next level blinds. If it were fancy it would have a buyin/prize pool calculator.

Taiwan come to our rescue!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Have you looked at Pokergenie? It's too big to fit in a chip case, but still a good alternative for those of us with out a laptop.

I got one to play around with. It does what I need it to do.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:07 PM

Here is a link for a website that sells several different timers like you are looking for. Take your pick.

http://www.everythinghome.com/kitche...=kitchen+timer

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:20 PM

go to wal-mart and get a stop watch. seems like that would be the best thing to do, especially since it's probably the smallest type of clock to get.