Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 11:11 AM

Default You know what I hate...

I hate it when everybody gives action to everybody but you...

This sucks...I'm getting b*tch slapped at the 50c/25c tables this week. I'm down $200...

I'm looking for some new strategy to combat Loose Passive players that HATE reraises. These guys do lots of limping with KTo and such from MP. Is the right strategy to play ultraaggressive PF with big raises with any two to set up plays when you have cards? Is limping and check/calling the way to go?

Seriously, guys I need some help here. I'm real discouraged and fear that I'm playing a little steamed.

-Gryph

PS: Another thing I hate is when you start to get a read on people and can make moves against them and they up and leave. That is the one problem with Internet poker the turnover rate is terrible.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: You know what I hate...

If they don't like your raises, start limping with AK and such. Then when you showdown AK a couple times you can start raising it again I think. Either that or start raising a bunch of hands.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:40 AM

If they aren't giving you action, open up your game more. If they're folding to all your raises, you clearly don't need good cards to raise, right?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:44 AM

Raise more often, especially in postion. They'll either start giving you action or leave. In the mean time you get all that free blind money. Sounds good to me.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing I hate is when you start to get a read on people and can make moves against them and they up and leave. That is the one problem with Internet poker the turnover rate is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take notes on them. When I play I have the notes window open for every player at the table. I am constantly writing things down. It has helped me tremendously.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 PM

I think positional aggression is key too. I've noticed when I raise from late position with just about anything, I usually take the pot down uncontested (either pre flop or post flop).

If I raise with a marginal hand in late position and I get reraised, sometimes I'll take a flop if the player has a nice stack and I think I can break the player if the flop hits me hard, especially because I have position. If not, I'll muck and not think twice about it.

This should give you more action on your big hands when it people become tired of being pressured and get into the "he's raising with nothing mentality" and you bust them with a big hand. Just my .02.