Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Exactly how much of a wuss am I for not betting this river?

Both callers are semi-loose PF. UTG is passive (0.3 or somesuch), UTG++ is almost aggressive (1.8).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Superman is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superman raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Superman bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Superman bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Superman checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

So, what's the story? Do I lose my Sklansky decoder ring for this check behind? These guys both had vpip's around 25, and under snap judgement I couldn't come up with a very long list of hands they'd call a river bet with that didn't beat me.

If I bet the river and get raised, then what?

Regards,
-Brian
Old 02-16-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Exactly how much of a wuss am I for not betting this river?

Your wuss factor is somewhere between Neville Chamberlain and me. It could be worse.

I'd bet this against one opponent, but against two you probably made a decent choice. If you knew at least one was a juicy calling station, then it would be different, but I think you're right in that there's not many hands you can beat that will call you. And you'd probably have to fold to a raise.

-Grendel
Old 02-16-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Exactly how much of a wuss am I for not betting this river?

If there was a queen on the flop it would be alot worse, but I'd still bet the river.

If they like to call me down with middle pair, I wanna let them call me on the river with it too. It's a public service I provide.