Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: numb/prickly mouse hand

Take your hand off the mouse and let it hang at your side in between hands...
Old 02-16-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take your hand off the mouse and let it hang at your side in between hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, feels better already. i guess blood circulation is a good thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 02:49 AM

but, I honesty think that the actual mouse causes this numbing/tingling effect. Because when I play for hours using my touch pad on my notebook, I don't get that feeling. I think it has something to do with the electronic configurations on the mouse and long exposure.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:12 AM

My pinky often goes numb during long sessions, I just try to excercise it between hands as much as possible. I do think its probably the mouse design, I also have very large hands so this particular mouse might not suit me well.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 AM

Numbness in the pinky and ring finger could be a sign of a compressed cervical vertebra (C4). Probably not serious, but worth knowing about. Physical therapy and exercises that you can do yourself are available.

Your mileage may vary. Offer not available in all States. Close cover before striking.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Numbness in the pinky and ring finger could be a sign of a compressed cervical vertebra (C4). Probably not serious, but worth knowing about. Physical therapy and exercises that you can do yourself are available.

Your mileage may vary. Offer not available in all States. Close cover before striking.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly my problem - numbness in those two fingers of my mouse hand (but not my left). Are you saying this may be a back issue rather than a hand/arm issue? If so, why only the one hand?
Thanks for any suggestion, been this way for a couple of weeks now and it's getting annoying.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:53 AM

I've been using a mouse/computer nearly daily for 20 years and haven't experienced anything like that.

The worst I get is computer elbow (just ugly elbow skin from it resting on the arms of the chair so often).
Old 02-16-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is exactly my problem - numbness in those two fingers of my mouse hand (but not my left). Are you saying this may be a back issue rather than a hand/arm issue? If so, why only the one hand?
Thanks for any suggestion, been this way for a couple of weeks now and it's getting annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic (so I'm told). Mine started on just one side about eight years ago and soon progressed to the other, as well. I have been through PT twice, the last time ending about two years ago. It comes and goes.