Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Allinchips.net ???

Has anyone seen these chips? They seem awfully cheep $200(500 set) and they advertise as real clay but you can only get themin the All In design.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Allinchips.net ???

I have some samples from them. They are all clay as advertised but not very durable - I don't think they were made using the same heat compression method as say ASM, Bluechip, TRKing, etc. You can literally break one in half w/o too much effort w/ your hands. Also, fingernails damage the chip easily.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM

Here's my review: They're not really as bad as everyone says. But I wouldn't buy them.

I really want to like these chips because they feel so good, but they just don't make the grade. However, I'd play with them in a heartbeat, and if I already owned them I'd be proud to use them in a big game.

http://www.allinchips.net/claypokerc...ex.php?cPath=2

Things I like:

1. For $.39, they're a good value for a clay chip, but they're not the same kind of clay chip as Paulson, Blue Chip, ASM, TR King, etc. They have a unique feel, rubbery and not slippery. I've never felt any material like this in a chip. They really feel and play nicely.

2. The shape of the mold is really nice. They have a solid edge, slightly rounded, with a ridge all around. There is another inner ridge with fine molded slots, that makes for a nice 7/8" center. (The center is not inlaid below the surface, so you couldn't put a label on them.) They have a classy look and feel, and seem to be quality-manufactured.

3. The edges have no dimple or molding line to spoil the edge, and they have colored dots all round, reminiscent of a Bud Jones chip (or if you put dots on a custom Chipco chip).

4. Their sound is excellent. Kind of a cross between Paulson's and Bud Jones coin inlays, not tinny.

5. They stack very nicely and don't slip. I only have samples, but I bet they'd stack waaaaay high.

6. After breaking them in (with some oil), they are much more sturdy than brand new. I could break a new chip, but once it was oiled and used, I doubt it would break in any kind of normal use. (Keep out of vises, John, or a dog's mouth!)

Things I do not like:

7. They have "All-In Chips" printed around the rim on each side. (Same as Paulson Chips, only those have an indented mold.) First of all, I don't like somebody's brand "All-In" on my chips, and second, I don't need to be told they are "Chips" -- I can see that!

8. While they're inexpensive for clay chips, they are more expensive than other chips that are better, IMO. For example, the Nexgen chips don't feel quite as good as All-Ins, but they are 35%-40% cheaper. If you add labels to Nexgens, you'll have a better looking chip for less money, though they won't feel as classic.

9. They are not very durable. Though they hold up a little better when broken in, still the colors rub off, and they dent and scratch easily. They look old and worn rather quickly.

10. Some of the colors are horrid, especially the pink. The red/white and white/red chips look great, but anywhere the pink is used it looks gaudy and rubs off (e.g., the black/pink, green/pink, and pink/green).

- - tomb
New Orleans
Birthplace of Poker
Old 02-15-2005, 10:51 PM

Wow very thorough thank you very much for the info guys. I guess i better stick with the Nexgens then.

Jason
Old 02-16-2005, 12:23 AM

Put it this way...

I've got about 300 chip samples sitting next to me. The All-In's are the only ones I can pick up in my hand and just crumble them into little pieces.

Other than that...they aren't bad chips at all.

Cheers,
John
www.pokerchipreviews.com
Old 02-16-2005, 12:30 AM

You're so subtle, John.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"
Old 02-16-2005, 11:25 AM

If you were thinking on getting these you better do it quickly. I received an email from them earlier this week saying that they are raising their prices at the end of this week. Wonder why with all the -negative- comments people give them that they'd want to raise prices - go figure.

I've been using 8 sample All-in chips to practice chip shuffling with for about 7 months now and have yet to break or chip one. They have held up well to constant use. Suggest people stop trying to destroy them and just use them like they normally do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 11:45 AM

Is the center recessed at all on them? Could they potentially have a label added?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:52 PM

They advertise in Card Player. Probably a bunch of people buying them w/o getting samples.

REAL CLAY!?!?!? I'll take 500!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the center recessed at all on them? Could they potentially have a label added?

[/ QUOTE ]

from Tomb1's post above

2. The shape of the mold is really nice. They have a solid edge, slightly rounded, with a ridge all around. There is another inner ridge with fine molded slots, that makes for a nice 7/8" center. (The center is not inlaid below the surface, so you couldn't put a label on them.) They have a classy look and feel, and seem to be quality-manufactured.