Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Tough BB bubble decision, your thoughts please.

Did you have more chips than the button, or less chips? I doubt you had exactly the same number of chips. This is a huge consideration in this play.

You probably have a less than 50-50 chance of winning this hand, since you are up against two people. But if you have more chips than the button, than you are okay with losing this hand, as long as the button also loses. You will be awarded 3rd place (at least on Stars). The probability of the button beating both you and the SB is probably less than 30%. So I would call in this scenario. Great chance to increase your stack size significantly.

If you have less than the button, then you are putting all of your chips in when you know that you are not the favorite to win this hand. You might have a 30-40% chance of winning the hand, which is what you will need to do to finish in the money. If you stay out of it, the button probably has a 50/50 chance of busting out. So I would fold.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the other responses before replying to this.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. There are probably a lot of overcards between those two hands, and the SB didn't try to isolate, so it's probably a strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in principle that the SB looks stronger when they call instead of raise to isolate. However, in this hand anything over calling is the same as calling (BB has same stack size as all-in on the button).

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...thought UTG was still in hand
Old 02-15-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know what happens if two people bust with same amt of chips on bubble? I cant find info on PartyPoker website.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be curious to know if you find out.