Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 03:34 PM

Default What do you think

I was playing in the 30 speed tourny on party today, and was doing decent, up to about 2500 in first half hour.

SO i get moved to a new table, and for some reason half the people at the table think if they each stall for long enough, we will make it to the money no problem. The problem was there was still 200 out of 300 people in the tourney, and pretty soon most of the people at the table were going to have 1 or 2 big blinds. Even if anyone somehow did stall there way to the money, there would have no chance of making any decent money.
Am i wrong about this, or is my thinking right, that its a real stupid thing to do.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: What do you think

That is WAY to early to begin stalling.

Those people are morons. Even if it did get you ITM...it would make you like 5$...lol
Old 02-15-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is WAY to early to begin stalling.

Those people are morons. Even if it did get you ITM...it would make you like 5$...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

There is NO good time to stall.

Staller = person trying to sneak in money = Bad ROI = Bad tournament play.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:53 PM

Party players are slow anyway. I have visions of them checking charts and reading sections in books before deciding whether to through 15 chips in the pot. Somethimes it makes we want to commit murder.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party players are slow anyway. I have visions of them checking charts and reading sections in books before deciding whether to through 15 chips in the pot. Somethimes it makes we want to commit murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing scarier than a homicidal schizophrenic
Old 02-15-2005, 05:03 PM

rofl
Old 02-15-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is NO good time to stall.

Staller = person trying to sneak in money = Bad ROI = Bad tournament play.

[/ QUOTE ]
You apparently have never played a SPEED tournament on Party. Stalling is absolutely essential once you get to the bubble. The blinds increase way too fast, so soon everyone will be basically all in on the blinds. What you want is for each hand at your table to take longer than the hands at the other tables. Since people will be dropping like flies, you can (with a little luck) make it so that you're moved from table to table without even playing a hand. I've made it from ~100 left to the final table without playing a hand before.

Speed tournaments require alot of luck, but if you know the proper strategy you can cash in damn near 50% of them...
Old 02-15-2005, 05:24 PM

I've wondered this though, in a six seat max tournament couldn't everyone agree just to always fold around, so that the blinds just keep getting passed around.

Since the table would remain full no one would be moved in to disrupt the plan, and the table would not be pulled apart until very very late in the tournament, when the money is getting up there.

Would that work or no? Never tried it, never going to try it, and I would report it immeadiately if I ever saw it, but would that work?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've wondered this though, in a six seat max tournament couldn't everyone agree just to always fold around, so that the blinds just keep getting passed around.

Since the table would remain full no one would be moved in to disrupt the plan, and the table would not be pulled apart until very very late in the tournament, when the money is getting up there.

Would that work or no? Never tried it, never going to try it, and I would report it immeadiately if I ever saw it, but would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]
nope. the blinds get big enough that both BB and SB are all in, so even if everyone always folded around, people would still bust out in the blinds.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:08 PM

n1