Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Live hand #2: Turned top two pair

My point was that he wouldnīt call a turn check-raise with anything you could beat, so it would be safe to check-fold the river. The reason you raise is to protect against being bluffed out of the pot. If you think he would call the turn raise with some of the hands you could beat with the intention of bluffing the river than that defeats the whole purpose of the raise.

If you think he will bluff enough to make check-calling down profitable then I agree this is the best line but Iīm not he will.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:44 AM

Who folds to min-raises? The whole point of min-raising is that you want them to call. I think there is a good chance you get called on your min-raise here by a hand that you can beat. And if you check the river, you can be certain that aggressive opponents will bluff at you. That is just such a weak looking line. If you had the nuts, you might min-raise, but you would never check the river. But betting PCs you.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 AM

"Who folds to min-raises?"

Yea I wasnīt thinking straight. raise is to small to get anything to fold and you donīt want QJ etc to fold.
You obviusly donīt want to push him out if heīs got a weak hand so you convinced me that calling down is the right play.

If stacks were deeper maybe you could check-raise turn and bet river if you think QJ will call. That would protect against a raise on the river but here you would be pot commited.