Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Canterbury 15/30 hand

A friend of mine told me about this hand, so a few of the details might be a little sketchy, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

Hero (my friend) is in MP with 66. The button and small blind are in, as well as perhaps some other people. Hero has a good read on the button as being a very strong player.

Flop: 776, two spades. SB bets, Hero raises, button calls, SB 3 bets, Hero 4 bets, SB caps, all call.

Turn: Ks. SB bets, Hero raises, button 3 bets, SB calls, Hero folds.

River: blank. SB checks, button bets, SB calls.

Thoughts?
Old 02-14-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Canterbury 15/30 hand

horrible.
a very strong player cant play a flush like that? or A7 with the A of spades? i dont understand.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Canterbury 15/30 hand

Alright,

I should probably add some commentary since I'm the hero in this case. A lot of people would probably think that was an aboslutely HORIBBLE laydown.

Flop of 776 and you have 66, how can you possibly let go of the hand? In retrospect, I should have called down although the move did save me money!

But let me explain, I felt that I had a very good read on the flop capper as being a very strong/solid player. With a flop of 776, I had definetly put him on having a 7 in his hand and the other player on having a flush draw.

The turn brought the 3rd spade and the SB bet out his flush. I raised, and the flop capper made it 3 bets, now having said that I had a good read on him as being a very solid player I find it VERY difficult to believe that he capped the flop with a flush draw, almost impossible, and for him to make it 3 bets on the turn had me to believe that he had a boat with either K7 or 76 in his hand, I felt it deep in my gut!

Having the worst possible boat, I let go of my hand although I should have probably called down. But that was my analysis and I was correct on putting him on the bigger boat. Punish me if I made a horrible mistake!