Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: First of two JJ hands.

i like this.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: First of two JJ hands. (RESULTS)

I really effed this one up by not three betting PF. His UTG raising standards were a lot tighter than hi liming standards.

I looked at the pot, I looked at the board with and Ace in it, I looked at him and he looked strong and I folded like a little schoolgirl and decided to wait for a better situation. Blast me.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:30 AM

The problem with your play is that you think from the start that he has you beaten (wich might be the case). You are afraid that he has a higher pair or possibly AK AQ. By not raising him its impossible to find out where you are. In my opinion you must represent a strong hand against him to gain information about his hand. Most good players in his position will raise on the flop (or checkraise) no matter what the flop are. With your calling strategy preflop you will have a problem whatever flop hits because he has an unlimetely good hand until you challenge him. It costs to find out where you are at this hand but if you fold postflop you shouldnt have called preflop.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:32 AM

you sure you arent the mayor of skirttown?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:15 AM

i really dont like not 3 betting pf bunk, but you already talked about that so...

i dont mind the flop fold at all. the pot is quite small, you are only ahead of 99,TT, and KQs if he has reasonable UTG standards, and you are behind a ton of hands.

meh, i could sleep just fine at night after this one.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont like not 3 betting pf bunk, but you already talked about that so...

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly this was a mistake. I didn't want to compound one mistake by making another.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mind the flop fold at all. the pot is quite small, you are only ahead of 99,TT, and KQs if he has reasonable UTG standards, and you are behind a ton of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually 99 would have flopped a set. hat narrows the hands down even further. Pot was small enough where I didn't really care. I decided not to make that mistake again later. I did get him later though.