Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Default AA did i play them right

Hi All

Here's a hand from a rock-em sock-em 10-20 game last night that had only one solid player besides myself. I'm dealt AA utg and raise and i get 6 callers(solid player mucked).
So we go to the flop with 14sb.

Th flop is Q 7 4 rainbow. The bb checked, i checked the next player bet, MP called, BB called, i called, 4 to the turn with
9.5 bb. The turn is Q 7 4 5 the bb checks,, i check, next player bets, the MP raises, bb calls, i three bet, next player calls, the raiser mucks and the bb mucks.

The river is Q 7 4 5 6 i check and the one caller checks.He shows me Q7o for a flopped two pair and my AA are no good.
The question is should i have three bet the turn? (I should mention that the caller played any two cards and was a terrible player.)How was my play on every street?Thanks for the input. Ice
Old 02-13-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: AA did i play them right

i wish you didn't post the results.

if the games are passive(which from teh limpers it looked like) i would just bet out on the flop, but if there are enough aggressives, the check looks fine. in this case i usually will try and c/r the flop.

people are calling with Qx's and 7x's, and with 3 others in, i think the pot is big enough to try and win it right there. (by the time you c/r its around 10bb).

i'd flat call and c/r the turn if everyone folded after the raiser bet.

stealthcow-
Old 02-13-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: AA did i play them right

I play it a lot more straight foward. You need to bet the river.