Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Bad beats

Hi all,

This is a non scientific observation.

When I sit down at a table and I get a couple of bad beats. Then I will almost allways lose more!

With bad beats I mean loosing with set or better against non trash hands.

Now does bad beats, under these conditions, really have anything to do with other players style of play?

I mean to loose against trash would definetly be player style related. But this is not the case here.

Or is it me? When should I fold a set?

Does anyone else have similar experiences and/or thoughts on this?

(of cause I have learned to change table when it happens)

Peter
Old 02-13-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Bad beats

Peter,

Just rotten luck. I'm sure you have just programmed yourself to notice this now. You probably hardly bat an eye when you take down a few big pots early.

Freakin
Old 02-13-2005, 02:22 PM

Perhaps you are right.

But its so darn hard to lay down non nut monsters and I have problems to know when to do so.

These bad beats eat up all of my winnings. Since there are players who do win at this game there must be something I can do to make my game improve.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:49 PM

There is a player whom I respect very much. They tell me when they sit down (B & M) if they are not ahead within 45 minutes they leave because experience and notes have shown that they are not going to have a steller day.

The trash hands beating me tends to level out, trash players throw their $$ away eventually. But some days no matter what you it's not your day.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:31 PM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

One thing I can think of is that opponents may be taking more shots at you when they see you are weak/got beat bad.

You have to watch out for subtle tilt too. Tilt is not just raving mad maniac play, or calling with K high.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or is it me? When should I fold a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the soothsayer says so....

Lawrence
Old 02-14-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a player whom I respect very much. They tell me when they sit down (B & M) if they are not ahead within 45 minutes they leave because experience and notes have shown that they are not going to have a steller day.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the player leaves an incredibly juicy game if he gets bad hands for 45 minutes, maybe you shouldn't respect him so much.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the player leaves an incredibly juicy game if he gets bad hands for 45 minutes, maybe you shouldn't respect him so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word to Big Bird! I keep rebuying (if necessary) and eventually, things will come around. There have been many many times when I've been way down after 45 minutes to an hour. But I'm experienced enough now to know if I get my hands in, I'm going to win.