Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Flopped nut straight.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bigger suited connectors are very playable, especially in loose games where over 5 people see the flop. But you must be capable of folding if you don't hit the flop with the nuts or like 27+ outs. Even a split pot on the end is fine when there is dead money from 3 or 4 people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you folding TP against aggression if it's unraised PF? I don't need the nuts or 27+ outs to keep going. Be careful not to fall into the 'fit or fold' mentality. TP with QJ, KJ, etc. is a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I just totally echoed you below. Great minds think alike. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 03:55 AM

Default To slowplay or not to slowplay...

[ QUOTE ]
Was this baby calling for a slowplay?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was one of Sklansky's books that stuck with me when it said something about this. It basically said that you had to be sure that the others were drawing completely dead to your hand to make it worthy of slowplaying otherwise it isn't worth the extra bets you gain.

[ QUOTE ]
don't you mean you're more likely to be dominated with top pair than with a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I meant more likely to be dominated with the flush. Suited aces get played all the time. And there are lots of them in the deck.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're being a giant troll. I fold KTs and KJs in utg-utg+2 unless I know the table is loose-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's uncalled for. GrunchCan is one of the most helpful posters in the microforum. He's just trying to help you understand that QJs has top pair strength as well as suitedness and connectedness.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because I fold KJo/s in ep.

Bad example, becasue it's on the cusp. Let's try KTo instead.

Your'e right. You should muck KTo in EP, but you should play KTs in EP. And you're right that what sets one over the other is the suitedness. But if suitedness were the only thing that KTs had going for it, then wouldn't we only play suited aces, and muck everything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being a giant troll. I fold KTs and KJs in utg-utg+2 unless I know the table is loose-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not trolling, its sound advice you are giving .05/.10 players about 10times too much credit, KTs and KJs are solid hands
Old 02-13-2005, 03:56 AM

I raise KJo in EP at .5/1, because I'm awesome I'm at .45BB/hand with it. I'll play it depending at 1/2, because I'm weak and not yet awesome.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:57 AM

I'm still wondering how you can have 27+ outs. Doesn't that put you in the lead?

I'm so confused.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's uncalled for. GrunchCan is one of the most helpful posters in the microforum. He's just trying to help you understand that QJs has top pair strength as well as suitedness and connectedness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand and I welcome his help. But I also do not like being berated for the way I play.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:00 AM

I can't think of a hold em situation where you have 27 outs. More experienced players can chime in if they can come up with one.

The hand I can think of with the most outs is the open ended straight flush draw with two overcards.

For example you have K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . Your opponent has J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . Now you have 21 outs to beat him: 9 flush outs, 3 ace outs, 3 nine outs, 3 King outs, and 3 Queen outs.

I think you're actually a favorite in this hand because you have 21 outs twice(on the turn and river).
Old 02-13-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 27 outs

I was being sarcastic about the 27 outs.

And yes, if there's no PF aggression and I flop top pair, I'll come out strong and see where it leads.