Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Worst Sports Injury You Have Seen (Not including Death or Paralysis)

That actually reminds me of when Dave Dravecky snapped his arm on a pitch against the Expos just after coming back from cancer. Gruesome.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Worst Sports Injury You Have Seen (Not including Death or Paralysi

[ QUOTE ]
Nap Kaufmann's knee bending completely the wrong way on MNF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. I meant Napoleon McCallum. This one was horrific.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:07 PM

One that comes to mind is Kermit Washington clocking Rudy Tomjanovich in the face, crushing Rudy T's entire face.

Cheers,

Swede
Old 02-11-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One that comes to mind is Kermit Washington clocking Rudy Tomjanovich in the face, crushing Rudy T's entire face.

Cheers,

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

That's mine as well. Completely horrifying.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Worst Sports Injury You Have Seen (Not including Death or Paralysis)

Old 02-11-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard an interview with him on the radio last year, and he was telling the story of the aftermath. The hospital he was sent to had to do one of those "pull the neurologist out of the party" deals and when the guy showed up, Tomjanovich asked him if he was going to miss any games. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

The neurologist asked him if he tasted something bitter in his mouth - Tomjanovich said, "Yes." and the neurologist says, "That's brain fluid." [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Oops. Playing career over.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:42 PM

Default My teammate\'s arm DELETED

Not sure if this is going to work

Edit: it didn't.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Krumrie

Tim Krumrie Super Bowl XXIII, Cincinnati DT beaks leg early in game and they show slow motion replay of it just flopping around like a rubber extremity.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:00 PM

I haven't seen too many crazy injuries but the two that I've seen have both came against the same team in different games, including one two days ago.

I play on an intramural soccer team that is freaking insane, we usually win somewhere around 5-1. However there is one other team that is just as good. So we start playing them and its gonna be a battle, so I've got the ball and I kick it up past the D and our guy is running full speed, and the goalie is running out at full speed. The reach the ball at the same time, except the stupid ass goalie decides to slide feet first into our guy cleats up outside of the box (ref says that would have been a red card, if not for what happened...) they collide, both knocking eachother out. The other guy is bleeding from his face, still unconscious for like maybe a minute. Our guy gets up and has a concussion, but this guy who he hit was so bad they had to take him the the trauma center. They cancelled the game and we only played 10 minutes.

So we don't play them again till this quarter, and this game is wayyyy gnarly. They is beating us due to a dive in the box resulting in a penalty kick, and then one of our guys got a red card for telling the ref to go [censored] himself and then grabbing his sack. Anyways, later in the game we're on D, and a ball is kicked up for the other team. They are right on the end line and our guy kinda nudges him as he is running towards the ball and he looses his balence. The unfortunate thing is there isn't an out of bounds area on that part of the field, so he runs full speed into a metal fence, breaking his hand, cutting his face, and getting a concussion.

Same team, two [censored] up injuries all in a Mens-B leauge that doesn't even allow slide tackles.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:30 PM

I haven't read through all the posts, but unless someone has mentioned a bullfighting injury, that is the winner. They are just shocking to watch. I suppose, however, you could argue that bullfighting isn't a sport.