Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Folding AA

I have seen a lot of posts lately regarding folding AA. Correct me if I am wrong: If you NEVER folded AA without an extremely good read on an opponent or on a rediculously scary board and much raising you would not be wrong.

It just seems like people post on here expecting someone to tell them they should fold their Aces. People will make hands against you when you have Aces, but more often you will win the hand. Its almost never wrong to (at the very least) call down with Aces.

Now the problem a lot of players have is that they OVERPLAY Aces. They never want to believe they may be beat. This is where many players make mistakes they don't know when to slow down.

So in essence, play AA aggressively but not recklessly. Prepare to show them down unless against major multiway aggression.

Thoughts? Comments? Disaggreements?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Folding AA

*BUMP* -- So does this mean everyone is in agreement?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen a lot of posts lately regarding folding AA

[/ QUOTE ]

its human nature to want to whine and envoke the sympathies of others ("woe is me"). the reality is that for virtually everyone unsatisifed with their win-rate, the root is not their poor play of the big preflop hands.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:04 PM

I agree ( but what do I know?)

I will almost always bet like crazy with Aces until I have a reason not to (scary board - unexpected raise etc.) Then I will usally check call it down.

However, yesterday (a day in which iI was dealt AA 5 times!) I did lay it down once when I was checkraised when the turn brought 3 to the flush and a 1 card straight. The pot was small and the villian seemed unimaginative so I hit the fold button. I think this is the first time I have ever done this in limit.

So yeah folding aces should be rare