Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: not a showdown game

Bluffing for the sake of bluffing is extremely game and player dependent. This shows us that. That is all the worth of this post. Thanks for pointing that out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: not a showdown game

no limit is the cadillac of poker. Any two cards can win. All you need is a chip and a chair. Thanks Kick.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Results

My response is simply that you may have gotten the only flop where you win the hand. If your opponent has QQ or KK then you got lucky that the A came. My question is was that A the reason you made the bet on flop or was you going to do it no matter what?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: over the top with 7 2 10/20NL

Okay, so the other player calls and the turn is 4c and the river is 2s for a board of Ah Th 6s 4c 2s, and the other player patiently waits for you to turn your hand over.

What do you do?

Muck?
Say pair then expose the 2 only?
Proudly table your 7 2?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:20 AM

kick, you are worth little more than smegma.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:36 AM

"Proudly table your 7 2?

[/ QUOTE ]"

Sure why not? I don't care if they know i raise them with 7 2. Actually the guy folded and I showed the bluff in this hand.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:47 AM

Kick you seem to be on the defensive from a few people attacking your post. The reason for this is, you are posting a hand in which the plays you are making are entirely player dependant. Moreover the wording you used in the original post and the bareness of it makes it seem so generic. If it happened, great. You made a play on someone. That doesen't have alot to offer the forum. The reason it does not have much to offer is because there needs to be something to analyze. You had 2 choices preflop, raise or fold, you raised. On the flop you really only have one choice, bet. You did, the play worked. Did you just pop your bluffing cherry or something? First time? Yeah its great. Your post just seems so self glorified and thats why it has little merit and is getting a negative reaction. Also, its much smarter to do this with a hand like 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the reasons AZK outlined.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:55 AM

If you get joy out of these results oriented and "nice play" posts, perhaps this isn't the forum for you. I am in no position to say, but there are better forums for people who like this sort of discussion out there. You might enjoy them better than having to defend yourself to a bunch of the posters here who were explaining to you why your post is not very important. Not to be an [censored] or anything, but that's not what 2+2 is about. Just my .02
Old 02-11-2005, 02:11 AM

"Did you just pop your bluffing cherry or something? First time? Yeah its great."

LOL

" Your post just seems so self glorified and thats why it has little merit and is getting a negative reaction."

I am the best there ever was, ever has been, and ever will be.

"Also, its much smarter to do this with a hand like 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the reasons AZK outlined.

[/ QUOTE ]====="

What - you have actually posted strategy ? I'm impressed.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first hand of the game, and a tricky, aggressive player opens in the cutoff for 80.00. I put him on any 2 cards. It's folded to me in the BB and I look down to see 7 2 offsuit. I make it 360 total. CO calls my raise and we see the flop.

It comes as Ah 10h 6s.
I bet 640.00.
My table image is good but unpreditable and crazy. Opponent and I both start the hand with about 2k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bold Play. I like it.