Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 05:45 PM

Default TT flops a set, then trouble

SB was a maniac, and BB was pretty LAG, no read on Button.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (18 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB folds, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

* Flopped a set, but the board is very dangerous. Should I have 3-bet here? I can't see scaring a straight or flush draw away at this point. Nice preflop 3-bet, flop fold by SB.

Turn: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

* Thought for sure BB would check-raise here. With the third club hitting and Button coming alive, I am sure I am beat by a flush. But since kittens are killed when you fold a set, I decide to call down from this point.

River: (15 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Looking at this hand, I can't decide if I should have folded it on the turn or been much more aggressive. I was pretty lost in this hand, comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: TT flops a set, then trouble

Given how big the pot is on the turn, I think it's correct to call it down. But if it got bet/raised I'd seriously consider dumping it.

preflop. Usually I like to cap against a maniac's reraise with this hand. Against this many players and your position to SB, it's probably not a great idea though with TT as you have no hope of narrowing the field and unless you spike a set any overcard is nearly gauranteed to beat you.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:06 PM

I like more aggression on the flop and/or turn. An argument could be made for 3-betting the flop when you have the best hand, but I like calling the flop raise and hoping to raise BB on the turn to punish the gutshots with 2 bets cold.

Given how it was played, folding on the (edit: turn) turn would be a huge mistake imo. First, button bet when the hand was checked to him, so he could really have anything. More importantly, even if you are behind a flush now, you have 10 outs to quad/fill up by the river. That's 3.6:1 when the pot is giving you 12:1 closing the action. Even if it was capped, with implied odds you'd be able to profitably call.

Redd
Old 02-10-2005, 06:46 PM

hi
imho, you must call 1 bet closing the action on both the turn and river...i just don't think you can fold for one more. on the turn, you have the odds to fill up and on the river, you are closing the action with a powerful hand.

now, on the flop, i could go either way on a 3-bet or a call. BB has gotten it down to 3 players, so by 3-betting there is a small chance you might fold the button...but clearly you likely won't fold any strong draws. (otoh, if adraw hits, you know you have redraws to a boat and are calling anyway...) so i say 3-bet.

i want to make sweet love to SB for that strategic pre-emptive fold.

preflop - i'd consider just capping it and letting out a gambooool!