Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Bet the scary river card, or take the free showdown?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me the question is not call or fold to a checkraise, but do you bet at all. On a hand like this won't villain call or raise us every time he is ahead and fold most of the time he is behind? If he's on a straight draw or overcards, he surely mucks. That gains us nothing compared to checking through. Pretty much the only way we win an extra bet here is if villain thinks we're bluffing or takes a shot with a small pair. If the river is a non-scare card, fire away. On this board, I think you're going to lose a bet more often than gain one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a nice point. But also I think we could be getting some extra bets when we value bet this river and the opponent calls with a lower pair, ace with lower kicker or nothing at all. I dont know how often this happens at this site, but if is very common i think we have to bet..

[/ QUOTE ]

When I played at Stars .25/.5 I would usually check behind this type of hand, since the players were passive but not that fishy. At Party .5/1 though I bet unless I know I'm up against a good player. Too many times I've checked and seen these idiots show 66 or worse.