Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: TPTK hand, need advice

Yeah this all makes sense. I haven't played no limit in a long time. In limit you just keep plugging and the worst they can do is raise 1BB.

The problem here is I was at a very lose table with people bluffing alot. Two hands ago five people went to the river and the pot got up to $600. All five called a large preflop raise. ANyway, even fish get hands, I should have folded flop perhaps.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:16 PM

Maybe its just the fact that I just won an allin for $100 tiwth TPTK versus bluffer with nothing a few hands ago. Then again I should have been thinking that other people at the table would have realized not to do that again.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:19 PM

On the flop when Villan bets $5, U reraise to $20, Villan Reraises to $35, I think alarm bells need to be going off that you are now behind... U would would have to think ur opponent has a set AA or KK, and maybe even fold to the reraise.... What else could villan have here?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:30 PM

Easy fold on the flop. Before reading your last line (quad 3's) I put him on a boat.

You were the preflop raiser and he bet into you when you raised him he reraised you. Very rarely your TPTK will be any good in that situation.