Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 04:26 AM

Default results

well i am still not convinced i played it well.. this time i did good, since he had AsKx and called, but i think the problem is that he won't lay down a hand like red KK here. if he will, then i like my play.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: let\'s skitter around the block

check-calling the flop would not be my standard. were you going to check-fold if the turn bricked?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: let\'s skitter around the block

[ QUOTE ]
stars 5/10

juice it up opens for $40 in MP, folded to me in the BB with black JJ and i call.

flop QsTs2c, i check and call $70.
turn QsTs2c-9s, i check, he bets $250, i raise to $900 all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see how this was a good play unless you have a strong read on the player. The way you played it gave you absolutely no information on what the player was likely to have.

I would not have felt comfortable moving in on the turn unless I knew he was likely to make this play with many different combinations than just good hands and good draws. The check on the turn more or less committed him to the pot with many of the hands he could be holding (in that it was only $650 more to call in an $1400 pot gives him better than 2:1 odds, so any doubt in his mind that you have the goods along with a big flush draw and a couple of overcards with a spade , or a pair and he is going to call. Given his betting you can't rule this out. Plus you can't rule out that he already made some crazy small flush and was trying to preven you from drawing out).
Old 02-10-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: results

I sort of assumed he would fold KK, and if so I very much like your play. against most tightish players this is a great line.