Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Already made $$$, Preflop Decision

Turbo blind tourney. 55 players, top five get paid.

5 players left, players have rocked up so much that chip leader has 2.5 BB because of the structure. Blinds just doubled before this hand so it's pretty much a crap shoot at this point.

Cash difference doesn't improve significantly until 3rd place (4th makes around 15% more than 5th).

I'm UTG with .75-.80BB and get Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
after thinking for awhile, I push in.

The SB is 4th in chips with 1-1.25BB, the BB is 2nd with around 2BB.

I didn't expect a call from any players outside the blinds, unless they had big hands, and expected two folds.

I figured that I would only get called by the SB if he had a great hand. So I reasoned I'd have a good chance against a random BB hand, and if not, by being suited I have a chance against better hands.

I want to know how many players would push in here, and who would wait for a random hand in the BB.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Already made $$$, Preflop Decision

I like Q8s better than being all-in next hand with any two. Good push.

However, I will add that if you find youself at .8 BB's UTG AND the table has been so tight that the big stack has 2.5 BB's, it is highly likely you missed several great chances to steal over the last 30-40 hands.

Pep.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Already made $$$, Preflop Decision

Unfortunately the MP and SB called. Both turned over AQo, BB turned over 85o. The A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] were turned over. So from that I decided that those were the worst three hands that could have been turned over.

No pair came and the A highs split the pot.