Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Locked out of PartyPoker...what\'s your expierence

I've been playing on-line for about a year and finally started making some decent gains. In the last few months, I won back all that I had sunk into PartyPoker and had started cashing in ~$500 a week while still increasing my bankroll, UNTIL tonight when they locked my account. In calling these guys, their reason for locking my account is that I have a twin brother who plays on other tables so he has the same birth date as me (he plays NL, I play Limit by choice, so there is never an issue). 3 questions and 1 comment for this forum: Q1: Based on others expierence, what are the odds that I will get access to my $$? Q2: Is this normal for Internet gambling as it seems that the rake they have made on me over the year would be good business (2-tabling $5/$10 for ~20+ hours a week). Q3: These guys want SSN, Drivers License, and Credit Card info to unlock my account...There is no need for credit so 'No Way' is putting it nicely, is there anyone who in their right mind would provide this info? Comment: Beware and keep your bankroll low as apparently, they can lock your account with NO WARNING and doing so because you have the same birth date as another player you do not play with is a weak reason.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Locked out of PartyPoker...what\'s your expierence

I thought I had read this post before recently with same twin brother scenario. That aside, and assuming that you are not trying to scam them in some way, did you ask/did they offer another option? And why after all this time would they just find out and take action?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:30 AM

I've never heard of any gambling site asking for someones SS#.

I'd provide a copy of my drivers license, front and back of credit card and copy of a recent utility bill. Which has been asked for on a few occassions. That's not a big deal to me.

But I can't remember if anyone has ever been asked for their SS#. Are you sure about this?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:40 AM

yea, they said I would have to apply for 'preferred member' in order to unlock the account, which includes SSN on the form, given the fact I know nothing about the tax implications when gambling on-line, no way. I am starting to feel like I need to go shopping for a ball-gag...
Old 02-09-2005, 01:53 AM

Well, after careful consideration, I'd have no problem filling out the information needed in Partys preferred player application. Many have done so with no problems that I've heard of.

This will have no affect in any way in regards to your taxes. They don't send the IRS a statement of your winnings if thats what you are worried about.

But it seems if this happened because of their recent discovery of your twin brother also playing on the site at the same time, they would also expect your twin brother to provide the same info as you.

Do you two play from the same address or something?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:54 AM

Just tell them you're not a US citizen and hence don't have a SS#. Not much they can say to that.

Unless you provided the last 4 digits when you signed up with them...but i don't recall them ever asking for that.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard of any gambling site asking for someones SS#.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get an account on a Prima site and just wait for the 'request for documents'. They won't want SS# but they will want copy of driver's lic# and utility bill.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:08 AM

I thought some people were complaining that neteller was asking for SS#.
I set up my neteller account before they might have started doing this though so I don't really know...just thought I read a couple people on these forums who mentioned it.

I wouldn't really have a problem giving party my SS#. I wouldn't be happy about it though but I would do it.

Still....I would just send all the other stuff they ask for and see if that will take care of it.

If they insist on the SS# say that the U.S. government has told you to definitely NOT give your SS# to ANYONE. Something like that.
Tell them that you are willing to send them a copy of a voided check, or utility bill, or whatever else they might need.

If they insist on the SS# then that's up to you to get your money back.
Again, I would have no concerns with giving it to them.

I'm also not surprised they decided to lock it now (as opposed to earlier). It seems they do some occasional random checks and have had a habit of asking for verification from some players who have been there for 2 years or something.
They probably just turned up something on a random check.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:55 AM

im a perferred member and i enjoy the benefits.

just fill out the paperwork, and dont worry about it.