Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: ATN NYC B&M Players IMPORTANT

[ QUOTE ]
BPC is reopening tomorrow. This is just stupid of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is this information available?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless of course the dealers were allowed to go or they only arested some of the dealers.
TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe they only arrested the bad dealers?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BPC is reopening tomorrow. This is just stupid of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is this information available?

TT

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the other thread about this here.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:50 PM

I actually have always liked their dealers with the exception of one Korean guy....I find their dealers are generally quicker and friendlier than other places in the city at which I've played. The management there is also top notch.

The Doc
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
management there is also top notch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 10:01 PM

just for a point, there were arrests and it was a felony, a cohort of mine deals and probably isn't going to be able to finish law school now. I understand that the diamond club actually didn't charge most of the dealers, (I work/play with most of the old members). However, I don't want to be vague about this dealers present at BPC were charged with felonies and at least two players were arrested (I don't know if they were charged). More importantly no one was allowed to cash out. The how's why's etc, I don't really care about I just want to let my fellow 2+2er's know to consider the risk to your bankroll if you play live in the next month.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:02 PM

You really don't get it. You can't let things "cool off" for a couple weeks. What does that even mean? These places are illegal, and they publicized themselves to such an extent that the NYPD felt they had to take action. This is the Mayfair Club and Diamond Club all over again. Diamond tried to reopen, and I think there were further arrests.

I've never been in any of these places, and if I were a poker player who didn't want a rap sheet, I'd stay away.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:03 PM

Actually you can let things "Cool off", in the city they tend to do this crap in groups, the last big "sweep" resulted in the closing of the mayfair, diamond club, and the change of venue for playstation. Evetually they'll fade back out of the spotlight.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:38 PM

I doubt that a felony prosecution against a law school student would be particularly attractive. The dealers almost certainly will end up taking a misdemeanor or some sort. Albert is in a different situation. I would expect that the DA will want him to, at a minimum, disgorge a substantial fine. If he has previously had serious problems with the law, he may need to do a small amount of time, which is never a happy proposition in the state system. Your law student friend will probably not have problems with completing law school, however the state licensure committee will undoubtedly look twice at his application after he passes the Bar exam. He will probably need to go before the Committee on Character and Fitness, and will need to do a song and dance. Ultimately, assuming it is settled as a misdemeanor, this tends to be the type of stuff that wont prevent licensure, however.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the last big "sweep" resulted in the closing of the mayfair, diamond club, and the change of venue for playstation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Assuming the "change of venue" you refer to is when the midtown club moved and turned into the playstation, that was well after the diamond and mayfair were shut down.