Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Three Peat?

then yeah, i am surprised the colts are favored over them. so much of that stuff has to do with public (ie not smart) perception.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:43 PM

You have to figure that the Colts are going to take major steps this offseason to improve their defense. I am not sure what cap space they have, but if they don't have it, they'll probably make it. Meanwhile the best offense in the league stays intact. So I don't think it's crazy that the Colts are near the top of the leaderboard.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as long as they keep the team together, the steelers win the superbowl next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep if they keep the team together they'll definitely be able to beat the pats in the post season next year! I mean...duh, with both teams pretty much the same they're SURE to win it. They looked great this year. And Bettis was rather helpful, they probably won't be graced with is presence next post season.

Ummm...pats to Threepeat. Where's a good place to make NFL futures bets online?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah well, im figuring ben is going to mature a little and not hand the game over to the pats (or whoever they may play)
Old 02-07-2005, 11:44 PM

the only hope the Steelers have is if they are challenged in weeks 10-16 of the regular season. Three times in the last 6-7 years they have the #1 rushing and defensive teams. What has happened in each of those years is the quarterback, whether it be Ben or Kordell, hasn't had to win a game for weeks prior to the playoffs because they've been so dominant in other areas. When you get into the playoffs against the league's elite, the situation is going to arise where plays need to be made. Cowher needs to realize that his QB's are going to have to make these plays, at not let them get stale.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:48 PM

You have to figure that the Colts are going to take major steps this offseason to improve their defense

what else is new?

and they dont have cap space, manning has some enormous contract.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Didnt they also just give Stokley and Harrison large contracts as well?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:54 PM

Actually the Manning contract's severe cap damage kicks in in 2006. I'm not sure what their cap room is this year, but the way his contract is set up, this has to be the year for them. For 2006, they are going to have to cut meaningful players or let them walk as free agents (including M. Harrison and E. James, both of whom are free agents after this season).
Old 02-07-2005, 11:56 PM

didnt they sign the edge to a extension?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:03 AM

no they re-worked it to ensure that he'd get certain bonuses. I think he technically is a free agent this year but they can franchise him.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:15 AM

i think they signed Harrison for another 3 years or so. i think they need to get Surtain from Miami so they would have a shut down corner because they were missing a shut down corner this year and theat will allow Dungy more options with blitzes.
I am thinking next year might be the Eagles year if they can get a running back like a T.J. Duckett type who can gain tough yards between the tackles and on the goalline. Maybe the running back from Louisville Shelton I think because I doubt they will get a back in free agency. Westbrook showed in the super bowl he needs the thunder to his lightning. Which would allow the eagles to run more and control the clock instead of being so pass oriented.