Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Screw collusion...THIS is the problem online....

[ QUOTE ]
the bottom line is that you can know facts about a player's tendancies from the first hand you play, while someone who doesnt use it cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I can't. PokerTracker doesn't magically tell me what these people have done in the past if I've never played at the same table as them (unless you have been datamining, which I believe to be borderline unfair.)

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is played based on incomplete information, and you clearly have more information that someone not using PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that is true, the game is not fundamentally changed since the person using PT still has incomplete information. Additionally, you have ignored my argument that this information does not make someone a better player, just as reading a book doesn't.

[ QUOTE ]
No amount of notes on a player can equal having all of those stats against someone that you may not have played against in 3 months. You cannot honestly contend that someone can put hand histories into a usable form to use against a particular player without using some sort or software like PT. Using this info subverts having to use your memory, it is not the same as using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not argue that they were exactly the same, I agrued that they were similar. You made the blanket statement that unequal information was at all times unfair. I refuted that by arguing that someone with superior memory or better perception skills would be at an unfair advantage at all times.

[ QUOTE ]
Further, the software gives you macro information about the players only if you look at an average of how all players play aggregately. If you are looking at an individual player's stats, that would be at the micro level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from, but you're still wrong. You are getting only an overview of how a player plays. This is by definition macro information. You are getting no specific information on which starting cards they play, which cards they fold, when they like to raise, etc. This is a different type of macro information than is contained in a book, but it is most certainly still macro information.