Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Switch to Party poker????

I have been playing a lot of prima poker at the 1/2 200 buyin games. Recently I have been running bad, and dropped down to the .50/1 100 buyin game, where I continue to run bad. I have been thinking about switching sites lately, and in general I havent been happy with prima lately. This would probably be a good time for me to move some money from prima into party poker since I will probably be taking a few days off from poker.

So, my questions are- 1. How easy are the party poker 1/2 100 NL full ring games? 2. Anyone know any special codes or anything to get the best possible deposit bonus. 3. I will be wanting to get some rakeback what's the best way to do this at party poker? (Affiliate?) 4. I am used to playing 100x BB stacks, what is the general strategy with 50x BB stacks? Obviously hands like TPTK play much stronger in these games. Anything else I should know?

I know that this probably belongs in internet poker, but I post here far more often so I'll put it here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sly
Old 02-07-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Switch to Party poker????

1. can't tell, I play NL25, 6 max. I guess 6 max are the juiciest ones, give it a try.
2. go to www.bonuswhores.com load empire poker (party skin) from there to get an initial deposit 20% up to 100$ bonus. Clean it, deposit another 600$, using FEB150 to get another 150$ bonus. Feb150 has to be used until 8th of Feb., so you better hurry up [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
3. I have a deal with www.raketracker.com that gives me 25% for playing on eurobet (another party skin) and RT has a cool tracking system. But there are plenty of offers out there. I never heard of anything better than 30%.
4. I leave that point to the experts.

BTW, I don't benefit from any of the mentioned sites!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:30 PM

hey Sly,

the party 100 full ring games were pretty tight from what i remember, but still very beatable, esp because of the bigger party blind structure. how much 6max experience do you have? the 100NL 6max game has massive soft spots, plays kind of like the 50NL 6max on prima.

as for the logistics, i suck at that kind of thing. playing 50BB stacks doesn't change things hugely, but there are the obvious consequences of a pot bet on the turn being all-in. PP's go down a tad, AKo goes up, but in reality your big money will come when you have >100BB and so does the other guy who has no idea how to manage a big stack.

If you haven't, try 6max out. the game's a little more swingy than full ring, but well worth it in EV.

fim
Old 02-07-2005, 06:41 PM

1. fairly easy
2. ummm...I'd just sign up w an affiliate
3. I used Balanced returns (for pokernow)
4. you're going to end up all in more often with TPTK and win quite often
Old 02-07-2005, 06:54 PM

Fim,

I am not much of a LAG, so I dont know if 6-max is for me. My plan is to move some of my roll over to a party skin, and probably use raketracker to get 25% rakeback. (This in itself should be worth a few hundred a month). I will test out the 1/2 full ring and go from there.

When I have played 6-max at Prima my results havent been very good, and they have been highly variable. Probably considering my recent downturn I should stick to full ring for now.

Sly
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Van Helsing,

Thanks for the reply. I will probably go with the raketracker for rakeback. How exactly does it work though? Do I set up an account with raketracker first, and then downland the eurobet software?

Sly
Old 02-07-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Van Helsing,

Thanks for the reply. I will probably go with the raketracker for rakeback. How exactly does it work though? Do I set up an account with raketracker first, and then downland the eurobet software?

Sly

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I remember you have to register at raketracker first. This should be essential, because they will claim, they enlisted (hope that is good english) you.
The rest is on their site. If you have problems, just mail them and you should get a quick response.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:46 PM

given what you said, I think you're making the right call.

and BTW, it's not that the 10max is not profitable, I just see it as less profitable than 6max. since you're you and I'm me, I think you'll have a much better result than I did at the tenmax.

fim