Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Empire Poker-scary things happening

Is there a way to check how many EP points we've got? I assume I'm not a VIP yet, but I'd like to know if I'm close.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The message comes as a pop-up when you log-on.

You can't get any e-mails from them because of something screwy with your e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, obviously reading comprehension is not my strong suit. In my best Rosanne Rosannadanna, "Nevermind."
Old 02-03-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the old validation e-mail with the old code, just type that one in... it worked for me the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are getting email from them you can use the new validation code. If you can't get email then revalidating your nonworking address has very limited value.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Empire Poker-scary things happening- STILL!

Thanks for your input & the validation code- it worked. But then again today-same thing. I have to tell you that I'be been receiving hand histories & promos from them ALL the time since Aug.
I called Party(where I have an account too-been at both for almost 2 years) & Party told me I can't have the same e-mail address as at Empire- that might be it.
But I must have e-mailed Empire 20 times TO NO RESPONSE. That's scary. I don't think their e-point program is worth this aggravation. It seems to me as if Party is distancing themselves from Empire.
To add insult to injury, they e-mailed me a week ago that I've won a TV & to confirm my address. Today, same thing. Something is seriously screwy.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:01 AM

You are getting REALLY bad information and making really incorrect assumptions.

[ QUOTE ]
I have to tell you that I'be been receiving hand histories & promos from them ALL the time since Aug.

[/ QUOTE ]

So have I. Then sometime last week they stopped ....some e-mail services are blocking them before they get to you.

I went through a similar situation last year.
Party didn't know that their e-mail were being blocked...they were clueless. The service was just blocking them and they didn't change this policy for 2-3 months.

When the same e-mail provider blocked Stars and Paradise both companies figured out what was happening RIGHT AWAY and worked with the e-mail people to get it fixed.
In the meanwhile, they included pop-up messages upon log-on that some customers are not receiving e-mail.
If I sent them an e-mail they would reply to me via a pop-up because they understood I wasn't receiving the e-mail.
They were extremely professional and pretty darned smart about the situation.
Whereas party is so disorganized they don't even know there IS a situation.

[ QUOTE ]
I called Party(where I have an account too-been at both for almost 2 years) & Party told me I can't have the same e-mail address as at Empire- that might be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with it.

[ QUOTE ]

But I must have e-mailed Empire 20 times TO NO RESPONSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

They ARE responding to you but it is getting blocked before it makes it to your in-box. It will not be in your spam-folder (although you can check to make sure).
Get a new e-mail address and get that one validated and then contact empire.

[ QUOTE ]
they e-mailed me a week ago that I've won a TV & to confirm my address.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...the e-mail started getting blocked sometime AFTER they contacted you about getting the TV.
It started happening about a week ago (or 8-9 days or whatever).

Get a new e-mail address and get in touch with them.

And tear apart your current e-mail provider and ask them why they are blocking e-mail that you WANT and NEED to be receiving.

Actually...don't do that as it will probably be wasted energy....I nearly popped a vessel last year trying to explain to some cust-serv rep "YES!!!! You really ARE blocking these e-mails!" The information that the party and empire e-mails were suddenly being blocked was not relayed to most cust-serv reps. 4th rep I got admitted that they were being blocked for my 'own protection from spam' or something like that.'

Anyway, just get a new e-mail address and forget about the one that isn't receiving the messages.
It might be receiving them again in a week or two...or a month or two. You can occasionally try validating that address and see if the situation has been fixed.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:50 PM

Don't be that worried, you will get your TV, I get e-mails from Empire, seems all is fine.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Usually email services won't block emails from people/groups that are in your address book. One solution might be to simply put the Empire support address there. Then your service will know that you need those emails. Just a suggestion, in case it hasn't been tried yet.

I use Yahoo and have never had problems, though I don't play at Empire or Party.