Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2002, 02:22 PM

Default Party vs Paradise

Ok, so here is my dilemma. I just sent 500 to Neteller to take advantage of the Paradise 20 percent bonus. But then I get an email from Party offering the same 20% for Neteller deposits. So I'm torn. I've done pretty well on Party in the past, and remember the games being pretty soft compared to Paradise (we're talking in the 3-6, 5-10, 10-20 range here). So here are some pros and cons...Paradse Pros: Only 100 hands to cash out bonus, Great software/speed of play, game selection (every limit available all the time inc. stud, omaha8 and plo which I like), better customer service. Paradise Cons: Games are pretty tight overall and profit potential may be less, I haven't done as well there as at other sites. Party Poker Pros: Softer games (is this still the case). Party Poker Cons: 1000 hands to cash out the bonus (yeesh), all limits not always available (still the case with 3-6, etc?), software is just ok, customer service is kinda shaky at times (had some delay with a large cashout a while back when they wanted to send some to Firepay-big no for me-but they cleared it up). So where am I playing? Comments appreciated.

Jeff
Old 11-10-2002, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Party vs Paradise

Jeffage,

my recommendation would be to play 100 raked hands at Paradise then move it to Party. The 2/4 at party is pretty soft and better than most 3/6 games online. I recommend no higher than 2/4 promarily due to a $600 bankroll.

Good luck and let us know what you course you embark upon.

Jimbo
Old 11-10-2002, 02:46 PM

Go for the one that you think you will be able to cash out from quickest, that way you might be able to take advantage of both promotions given a lucky speedy cashout.

Lori
Old 11-10-2002, 02:51 PM

"we're talking in the 3-6, 5-10, 10-20 range here"

In this range you want the earn from the easier games. I vote for Party having the sofest games.

If your earn mostly comes from the bonus and you play micro-limits take 100 hands for the bonus.

MS Sunshine
Old 11-10-2002, 02:52 PM

play at paradise 100 at lowest table cash out [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] and run to the party Fishs [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 02:58 PM

100 hand VS 1000 hands..is HUGE.
but if you think you would be in softer games and would make more money from your play, I would go with Party.
Why not do both (time limits on deposits and not enough in neteller?). You can get the 100 hands in a day at Paradise and then play the 1000 at party.
I did the bonus chasing thing for awhile and then decided I like playing at the smaller rooms where I can learn the players a bit better. The games are always loose and easy,
but not always a game when I want one. I can live with that. I would rather play less (but always play in softer games),
then always be able to find a game that is tough. Sometimes the smaller rooms have bonuses, but bonuses at all the sites always have a 'hook'. So I stopped doing the bonus thing, and just play at sites based on easily beatable games, good customer service (must have live support/tollfree number)
and reasonably decent software.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:59 PM

Easy. Both of them are good promotions, so I would just do them both. This would only be a problem if you have less than $1k, and if this is such the case, then do the paradise one first, and then do party.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:48 PM

100 hands means 100 raked hands. At paradise, the 2-4 rakes at $20, i believe, so all small pots don't count. This could mean that 100 hands turns into 300. Not a big deal, but I think that's how they do it. . .
Old 11-10-2002, 06:39 PM

Default hi jeff

Old 11-10-2002, 11:08 PM

Play the 100 hands at Paradise, cash out, then put the money into Party. You have until Nov 30th at Party, so you have plenty of time. Also, Party only requires 500 raked hands unless they have recently changed their policy.

-- Homer