Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Set of Aces Hand

1/2 NL hand at a local card club, buy in is 100 minimum, 300 maximum. Table is on the looser side as preflop raises of 7-8x the big blind are not moving the limpers anywhere...it is something else to see someone limp for 2 dollars and then call a 20 dollar raise.
My opponent is very loose and aggressive I cannot tell if he is a smart or dumb LAG but he definitely is quite a LAG and has been showing pure bluffs.

No-Limit Hold'em, 2$ BB (10 handed)

MP1 ($200.00)
MP2 ($200.00)
MP3 ($190.00)
CO ($200.00)
Button ($180.00)
SB ($600.00)
BB ($200.00)
Hero ($475.00)
UTG+1 ($210.00)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero raises to $25 Dollars. MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: ($76.00) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ,T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks. Hero bets $50. MP3 drops out and SB calls.

Turn: ($176.00) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]2 Players)
SB bets $125.00. I sit and contemplate, I know he does not have the straight from recalling his previous plays and he does not play inside straights from what I have seen. I have ~375.00 left in my stack so I Push the turn here. I say raise all in for 200 more dollars, he quickly calls.

I say to him you don't have the straight, he turns over 7 4 and says no I have a seven and club draw.

River: ($950) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] He makes the club flush on the river and takes it down.

He then proceeds to tell me that the reason why he won was because he had a seven and that being that on the turn he bet 125.00 there he alleviates the pressure on himself which I guess I understand but what pressure is it being that I practically put the rest of his stack in play when he is a fairly big dog.

Thoughts?

I know I hate to say this but supposedly this guy is like the best guy in this club and I am now so heartbroken I don't even want to play anymore. After I saw this garbage by the "best player in the house" I don't even know anymore.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Set of Aces Hand

I have 2 comments

1) If this guy is the best player in the card house, this place must be chock full of really bad players.
2) If this one beat makes you not want to play anymore, you probably shouldnt.

You played it perfectly and he got lucky. He put his money in with what he thought was 14 outs (about 3 1/2-1 dog), but he really had 7 outs (7-1 dog). End of story.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:45 PM

Haha... a player who purposely pot commits himself on a weak flush draw is the best player at the club... priceless.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 PM

You should humbly take lessons from the best player in the club.

Every day, as long as you can stay awake, buying in for $300 every time you sit down, refilling every time you lose.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:46 PM

I apologize I should have said that this happening makes me feel as if I never want to play again. Of course we all know I want to play again just like we all do.
My question goes out to all of you though, if you were playing in a stake a lil too high for your roll just as I was here and I know after seeing not only that but 6 hours of time with this guy who is the "best" that I can easily go back and kill this game, if one were in my situation with a short roll but the skills to win would you:
A. Rebuild a bigger roll and go back?
B. Go back and play because you know you can beat it even though your on a short roll for this buy in.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should humbly take lessons from the best player in the club.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me this is heavily sarcastic and you really think that his comments were just a bunch of irrational lucky to win fish talk that we all hear.

[ QUOTE ]
Every day, as long as you can stay awake, buying in for $300 every time you sit down, refilling every time you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha and please tell me this means sit down at any means and keep your lids open with toothpicks to stay away for some stack peelin'