Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: bad turn play?

"I think the reason I stay away from these hands is that, when you're winning, you win a minimal amount. When you're behind, you tend to lose quite a bit more. So, as a rule, I tend to try not to invest too much money in these hands... Maybe that's a leak in my game."

I think it's insane to approach this flop weakly. It's actually a great flop for KK, b/c a low or mid pp probably thinks he's got the best hand, and will give good action. barring an A or 5 on the turn, you're in great shape. Every once in a blue moon someone will have a 5 or AA on this flop, but the preflop betting makes that very unlikely.

in fact the hand is so strong there's even an argument for slowplaying the flop, and hoping someone pairs a non-ace turn to go to the felt with you. this is riskier but still a good play, esp. against LAG opponents.

in any case once the disastrous turn 5 falls, you sadly have to abandon ship, or throw out a tiny pseudo-bluff bet and fold to a raise like someone else suggested. Forget about being 'pot-committed' - you're beat here and you don't want to throw away any more money at all by calling a river bet.