Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: 400-800 hand 7-handed

[ QUOTE ]
when it does get raised behind you, which it inevitably most times, the correct play is to reraise preflop and represent one of the few hands you should be limping utg with: namely AA, KK, and AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice like this is what makes 2+2 so worthwhile. I play 6 handed almost exclusively and normally play the standard 2+2 TAG range of hands from the standard positions. Once in awhile, for various reasons, I step out of bounds and limp early with a hand I would normally fold. When it gets raised behind me, I have just been calling. Raising it up like I have AA makes so much sense I can't believe it has NEVER crossed my little mind. Thankyou mike l.

Shawn keep posting. The real trolls are the regulars on here who bash every new poster with attitude. I don't give a [censored] what anyone's personality is like if I think there is something I might learn from them. If Randy Moss is going to win games for you, and you are a Viking's fan, do you really care if he is an idiot? What difference does it make? He can catch a football. End of story.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: good post

You guys obviously are missing the real point of why he posts these hands.

If anyone needs to grow up, it's him.

Plus, I'm not sure what you guys are learning from this hand that is so worthwhile.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We played once 400-800 in the Aruba WPT about 4 months ago. I'm the young guy that won the huge pot from K.C. when he played his cards open and had 36off flopped openeded and put in like 7 bets on the turn with the open-ended draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm where have I heard this before?

Oh wait from you, at least 10x

Get over yourself.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: 400-800 hand 7-handed

And I don't even walk off the field if my team is losing.

Oh and yes limp reraising with junk like 89s if your limp reraise is getting mad respects makes a lot of sense headsup as a variance play. In a 6 handed game I took it so far as to raise then when Allen Cunningham threebets I fourbet him with 23ss (I raised 3 off button lol) and I bet 567 flop he calls he folds turn 6 I have to show the bluff of course.

Best of Luck,

Lightning
Old 02-06-2005, 12:07 PM

Thank you, I don't let the haters get me down I find there pathetic insults amusing, I'm not posting on here to "stroke my ego" or to get more students, I'm just tryin to give back some to the forum, clearly some people find this reading interesting with almost 3000 views.

I rarely limp but I thought it was marginal in this situation, and i'd been raising a lot so i limped.

I see WCP routinely limp early with hands like 67ss Ted Forest limped in the full 400-800 game last time I played with him with something marginal I believe.

Best of Luck,

Shawn "Lightning" Keller
Old 02-06-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: PAY ATTENTION TO INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE HAND OR DON\"T RESPOND!

We are identical twins meaning I guess we have the same genetic code, but I am about average build, about half of a thunder in weight, just to clear that up.

Shawn
Old 02-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: PAY ATTENTION TO INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE HAND OR DON\"T RESPOND!

I think the turn made it rainbow. I'll post another hand from the 400-800 in shorthanded to give you guys a feel for the play.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:29 AM

Default So to summarize...

[ QUOTE ]
I also think its good for the bros in the games to limp sometimes so the fish don't get catch on that limping is generally a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I see WCP routinely limp early with hands like 67ss Ted Forest limped in the full 400-800 game last time I played with him with something marginal I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]
So to summarize your reasons for limping:
1) Good players like me need to limp sometimes so that the bad players see us do it and don't figure out that limping is a bad play.
2) I've seen good players limp, so it must not be a bad play.