Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 12:22 PM

Default 88 vs LAG,

Villian is 63/29 after 65 hands.
Do i slowdown to early? my thinking was after a 3-bet and flop raise, he still likes his hand and leads the turn. Was i wrong to think he could have me beat already or would cr be the most logical play for him if he had me beat?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB
Old 02-05-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 88 vs LAG,

Your line looks reasonable to me. One consideration is how LAGgy you'd seen your opponent play postflop. (Some preflop LAGs need some sort of a hand once the flop comes to put in a lot of action; others will continue firing with very little.)

Anyway, on the turn you could in fact be drawing. Some players like to checkraise a lot more than others, and also maybe UTG+1 doesn't like his hand quite enough to checkraise and risk putting 3 turn bets in. Of course, he could also be semi-bluffing (and you have a draw of your own to go with your pair), but I do think calling is reasonable on the turn and exactly what you should do on the river.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:31 PM

I think you played it good. I like your preflop play and your flop play. I would probably just call the turn. I don't want to be 3bet and if he has a bigger pair (doubtful) or a 9 or T then you are way behind. It looks your opponents is Very LAG. Hope you took a big pot off him.

Cheers,
Pots
Old 02-06-2005, 01:00 AM

Villian shows QJs and i take down the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]