Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Fun w/ SB Trash

[ QUOTE ]
I would threebet and fold to a fourbet.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Wretched advice.

Stop and go is the correct play unless a 4th diamond hits, in which case check call the river.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:03 AM

Explain what advantages your line has over mine. Your line not only loses an extra bet, but also gains one less. There's no way you fold to a raise on the river like you do a fourbet on the turn.

Furthermore, your river play has you losing a bet every time you're behind and virtually never winning a bet.

This is a pretty bad situation for a stop-n-go. The idea that the turn raiser might fold to a threebet shouldn't be seriously considered.

-Michael
Old 02-04-2005, 10:06 AM

Don't contradict the Matador even if you're right.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would threebet and fold to a fourbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I 3-bet knowing I'd fold to a cap, but also knowing it's not very likely. Villian's raise here looks like he's trying to protect his hand, not get value out of it. I suppose he could have a small flush, but an A is MUCH more likely.

I 3-bet, fully confident I'm ahead. If the river were a diamond, I would have bet. Not betting there is a mistake, IMO, since his most likely hand is an A and he's going to check it behind if his kicker isn't a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which it won't be most of the time. He will, however, call my bet.

Against a tricky player who can pull off any of the following moves, I would need to reconsider my line:
1) Capping the turn for a free showdown w/ 2 pair, A w/ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] kicker, or any other junk.
2) Bluff-raising a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river card
3) Bluff capping the turn.
4) Folding an A to the turn 3-bet.

If I thought Villian were going to fold an A to the turn 3-bet, I might pull the stop 'n' go, depending on if I thought Villian was going to fold an A to my river check-raise.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a 3-bet. He's likely to hold only an A, and that may scare him off.

Call. c/r the river.

You can safely fold to a river 3-bet, right?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I think you can safely fold to a 3-bet. However, why not just 3-bet the turn? Can't you fold to a cap there also?
I don't think an Ace folds there. Also in case his other card is a diamond, why not charge him now? If you're beat, you lose 3 bets by reraising the turn, and you lose 4 bets by c/r'ing the river.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:17 AM

For some reason when I read the hand I thought call, check-raise a non-diamond river. However, if the river is a diamond lead out and fold to a raise. Is that wacky?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 AM

Hey Dude,

I 3 bet, if he 4 bets I check call river, and if he calls the turn I lead river and call a raise.

Pretty sure I'm paying off just about anything here without a live read or PT #s.

Hope it worked out,
Jay