Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Now thats a river!

I was playing in free tourney in a bar. It was approx. 80 ppl all together. There were 8 sitting at my table. Most of the players had a basic understand of the game, some were complete novices. There was a particular hand that I was involved that made think..."Wow, so this is what it feels like to river someone?"

Everyone began with 4000 chips, blinds started at 25/50 and they doubled every 20 min. The blinds were 200/400 at this point, with a 100 ante. 8 players at my table

Hero is BB with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop: UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Mp1 calls, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked around

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets, Utg checks, UTG+1 bets 600, MP1 calls, SB folds, Hero raises to 1600, (probably should have moved all in here) UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 is going to be put all if she calls.

She thinks for a while and reluctantly decides to call. She had been very passive the entire game and she had a lot of trouble reading the board. She says straight and I am thinking we are gonna have to chop it up. Then I do a double take and see she has Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I am thinking to myself, jeez, how the hell could I have gotten out of that one.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SAAAWEET!

We chop it up, but as another player is chopping up the pot, MP1 is getting up thinking she lost. And everyone says "wait come back you are still in it." She didn't last too much longer. I robbed some amateur of a delicious pot in a tourney. Very good work

Cheers,
Pots
Old 02-03-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Now thats a river!

Similar thing recently happened to me- had 98 with a board of 5689 against trip 5s. River is an 7 and we split (phew!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2005, 07:50 PM

I rarely river people, but when it happens..... I think, for all the times I have been rivered I deserve this one.

Cheers,
Pots
Old 02-04-2005, 02:14 AM

Local bar, three handed. We usually do this before everyone shows up. We were playing $10 buyin, winner gets it.

I get dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Button folds, I call, BB raises, I call.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, he bets the pot, I call.

Turn is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I lead into him about 1/2 the pot, and he moves in. I quickly call expecting to see Aces or Kings. He shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'm already counting down his money when the button throws down the beautiful 7 of spades.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:59 AM

these stories are refreshing after all the bad beat rants. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 06:49 AM

Ha nice, I got a good one. UB multi-table freeroll for points or somethin I don't remember. This was the very first hand after the break, mind you.

Preflop - ep goes allin, mp reraises allin, so I call with KK, other guys turn up AA and QQ, damb.

Flop - somthing like A, 4, 5 ok at least it was a freeroll,

Turn - 3, well whats on tv

River - 2 Ha! a beautiful duece. We all make our wheel and it gets chopped up. The first time I understood the paranoid ideas of rigged sites. The guy with aces wan't the happiest but whudya gonna do....