Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 07:22 PM

Default KK SB in a big pot.

No reads except for the FISH, which is the guy I was following. Just a horrible player. How would you play this. Advice on each street welcome? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Would you lead the turn? If so, what do you do vs a raise? I generally tend to slow down once the board pairs if the pot is multiway.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 :#A500AF(FISH)/ calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 :#A500AF(FISH)/ calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">FISH raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, FISH calls.

Turn: (20.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">FISH bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (25.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">FISH bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB
Old 02-03-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: KK SB in a big pot.

Bet the turn
Old 02-03-2005, 07:34 PM

I think you went into check/call mode too soon. You've shown the most strength so fire again on the turn. Call down a raise and check/call the river. Despite the river action on this hand...

It'd suck if one of the players between you and villian decides to check-raise. I'd probably have to fold my kings here with a board like that.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:14 PM

WEAK! Bet the turn. If he's so horrible why would you c/call with such a great hand on a relatively crappy board?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:25 AM

Yeah I guess that is a leak in my game. I always fear that when the board pairs im beat. Fish had 23 offsuit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 05:46 AM

Just because he beat you in this instance doesn't mean you played it right (I'm sure you know this). I would definitely raise the turn because the fish is helping you drive out players who might need a card to beat you. You know that he is probably going to bet top pair. Its pretty hard to believe that even a giant fish is going to call that many bets before the flop with 23. He's probably thinking "well they are connected". Find out where this guy lives and see if you can get into his home game. You'll end up owning his house.