Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 08:54 PM

Default stupid river call?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

No reads
converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

River: (15.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9d 7d (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and nines).
CO has 9c Kd (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: CO wins 21.16 BB. </font>

2 questions

1. Do I call the river?
2. I wanted to checkraise the turn..should I have followed through? I'm starting to think I'm giving a checkraise too much credit in this situation. I led until the river but never got a raise in postflop.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: stupid river call?

NEO (Non expert opinion).

Reraise the flop (what more perfect flop could you want with AA?).

Bet out the turn... (chances are you would of won it here)
and call a raise.

check call the flop

IMHO "It wasnt a stupid river call" it was the bad play before that put you in this position.

Regards D
Old 02-03-2005, 09:06 PM

Just a quick question, you are playing @ $3/$6 and to me the reraise on flop seems perfunctory, am I wrong here? and yet you make no mention of it in your questions.... am I missing something here?

Regards D
Old 02-03-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a quick question, you are playing @ $3/$6 and to me the reraise on flop seems perfunctory, am I wrong here? and yet you make no mention of it in your questions.... am I missing something here? [ QUOTE ]

Good question...I called with the intention of checkraising the turn. I'm wondering if I should have...