Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Where is the best place to stay in Atlantic City

[ QUOTE ]

trop rates are something like 45 during the week, 99 friday, and 125 friday for 4 hours of play. i think at all of the places you ahve to have prior play though.
1800POKERAC is the trop # to ask about the poker rate (couldnt get one last weekend though)

[/ QUOTE ]

The trop website says $79 during the week, which is pretty shod considering what the borg charges for rooms I assume to be nicer.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

trop rates are something like 45 during the week, 99 friday, and 125 friday for 4 hours of play. i think at all of the places you ahve to have prior play though.
1800POKERAC is the trop # to ask about the poker rate (couldnt get one last weekend though)

[/ QUOTE ]

The trop website says $79 during the week, which is pretty shod considering what the borg charges for rooms I assume to be nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the poker rate is more than the regular rate then. i know i have stayed for 45...might have just got it through expedia. Another good bet is to just do a priceline bid only for 3 star places. i have done that and always get either the trop or the sheraton convention center which gives you limo rides to the strip (and it is walkable too, especially now that the streets are basically a big nice store outlet mall instead of pawn shops)
Old 02-03-2005, 08:06 PM

Regarding the long wait times at the Borg--

If you are registered guest, they will put you on the list without being physically present in the card room. You can roll in early, call down to the poker room, and chill. By the time you've unpacked, maybe grabbed lunch, your seat is ready.

At least that's been my experience.

-jeff
Old 02-03-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also remember, their day runs from 6 am to 5:59 am. so if you start playing at midnight and go through into the morning, you'll only have 6 hours credited for that day, and you'll have to start over again....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told/seen it's a 24 hr period prior to your check out. It has nothing to do with their "day" cycle.

[ QUOTE ]
The Borgota charges everyone $5 every half hour to play (at least this was the charge at $20-40). They do this instead of a rake or button charge. I guess it is more-or-less equivalent to a button charge, but as I said in my earlier post, we had 2 floor decisions at my table during one of those "billing periods". I think we got 4 hands for 5 dollars each ($45 in rake).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this for higher limits only? At the lower limits 2/4, 3/6 it was a 10% rake max $4.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 AM

You will still get the full comp dollars even if you play past the 5:59 mark, I just reccomend double checking that you get all the time logged you were supposed to. The reset it that way to make sure people aren't cheating them for time (i.e. leaving then coming back later to be swiped out).

Also, time charges are just for the higher limits.

-Yarney