Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: 510 BB downswing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're like the 5th pro in that game, myself included, who's gone or is going thru a 250+ BB downswing this month.

GoT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's make it 6.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 7th that motion.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out my entire bankroll last week! Didn't have a huge downswing but have gotten no where in 50k hands.
I have other non 2 plus 2 friends who have also quit playing their for the same reason.
And yes we are all winning at other non- related skins!
I am not sure how I am being cheated but the winning players I associate with all agree with one thing.

"Why The Fxxxx are we all beating 40-80 paradise, 30-60 pokerstars, when on the surface they are way tougher games ?"
My friends left 1 months ago - I suffered through 100k more hands.
Im not saying we or you are not winning at party. We just came to the obvious conlclusion that we are no longer getting our fair share of the pie!
There is 60k players there for a reason. (the horrible players are not going broke as fast as they should be)
Old 02-03-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is 60k players there for a reason. (the horrible players are not going broke as fast as they should be)

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not 60K actual players. At peak hours, there are 60K or 70K seats being filled at the tables. At most, there are probably only about 30K actual players.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:15 AM

"Why The Fxxxx are we all beating 40-80 paradise, 30-60 pokerstars, when on the surface they are way tougher games ?"

I think different games would be a better description, and probably the reason why you guys aren't beating it for as much or not at all. The Party 15 is a pretty unique game and takes a particular approach to extract the most from. The Commerce 40 is the only other game I've encountered that requires pretty much the exact same strat to get the most out of. And yes, I just ended a sentence in a preposition. While I did contribute to the downswing threads as of late, I in no way want to indicate that I think Party's games are rigged in any way. It's just a swingy game is all. This definitely isn't the first 250 BB downswing I've had in that game, and it definitely won't be the last. It's just a fact of the game when you play as aggressive as is optimal. If you're not beating that game, take some responsibility and perhaps start looking for objective opinions on your game instead of just resorting to "they must be rigged."

GoT
Old 02-03-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: My FInal Word

Im hoping to get there pretty soon too, at 13700. May need to hardcore SNGs till I get 15k though.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:28 AM

correct.
anyone who starts to consider that the game itself is rigged is just living in denial and are not looking at their own abilities.
actually, that's too kind. Those who give credit to the idea that it's rigged are just plain stupid.

The most reccent 'it must be rigged' guy in this thread even touched on the solution without realizing it.
The party 15 is a DIFFERENT game....so if it is consistently beating you then maybe you aren't playing it correctly.

Think about it....a certain game is beating you...and instead of saying "well, maybe I'm just not approaching this game the right way" you are essentially saying "I already know that my game is REALLY good on NORMAL games. So if i can't beat the Party-15 it has to be the site's fault because it certainly can't be mine."

work on your own game first.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:41 AM

====>< Start Chat sequence:><

None of the the self-proclaimed pros have any medium or long-term chances against my school of card-sharing semi-bots.

====><End Chat sequence;><
Old 02-03-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: 510 BB downswing (My Results)

My Jan Party 15-30 stats were lucky: 6700 Hands, +3.1/100. (Im usually at about 1.5/100)

I know my sample size is very small (SD/100 = 15.9) means a standard error of +-2, so Im not tooting my horn, just saying the odds of something uncool going on is very small.

Im sure I jinxed my Feb results with this post, so I hope someone gets some reassurance out of it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

best,

Zooey