Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 03:09 AM

Default read the faq and still don\'t understand how rakebacks work

if an affiliate is refunding one of his signees rake, wouldn't that mean he is paying his signee more than he receives from the site? does a rakeback refer to the affiliate giving a percentage (say 50%) of his take back to the generating player?

also, are rakebacks simply handshake agreements or is there actually a way for the rakeback recipient to ensure that he receives payment from his affiliate. since most sites discourage rakeback agreements, it seems like an agreement between the parties involved would be the only way to coordinate this. am i missing something?

thanks for the info.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: don\'t understand how rakebacks work?

[ QUOTE ]
does a rakeback refer to the affiliate giving a percentage (say 50%) of his take back to the generating player?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
is there actually a way for the rakeback recipient to ensure that he receives payment from his affiliate

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but good affiliates won't screw you because they don't want to lose your future revenue.

[ QUOTE ]
most sites discourage rakeback agreements

[/ QUOTE ]
Some are more lenient than others.

-2kF
Old 02-03-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: read the faq and still don\'t understand how rakebacks work

Affiliate gets x% of the rake generate by a player and gives the player y%, usually the difference between x and y are pretty small.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:17 AM

correct...oftentime the affiliate is receiving 20% of your rake and gives you 17% while keeping 3%...or something like that.

if your affiliate screws you over there is nothing you can do but stop playing there. both parties lose in this arrangement though. he might make a quick little score off of you...whereas if he had just paid you what you were owed you would have BOTH been a lot richer.

i signed-up with an affiliate who later became very difficult to track down regarding payments. he probably owed me arond $30 (I didn't play there the first month just to test him out).

Since it wasn't working I closed the account and will get around to opening a new one eventually. He might have made just $30 off of me but it could have hundreds if he had just been more professional.

So the affiliate really has no reason to screw you over unless they are REALLY stupid. Still...since some really ARE that stupid it is best to go with a reputable affiliate.
Thankfully, they are MUCH easier to find now then they were before.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:32 PM

Ok, silly question here, but I need an answer. Is there a way to sign up for one of these rake backs for an existing account? That is I've been playing Party for about 3 years, don't want to change to chase bonuses etc, but would like to get some of my rake back (obviously). According to pokertracker I think I paid something like $4k in rake over the last 18 months (2-3 tables 2/4 or 3/6 about 20 hours per week).

If I can't do it with my existing account, how do I go about closing my current Party ID/account and opening a new one so I can?

No need to reply in thread, PM works better. Thanks for any info!