Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Party Poker 50k point promo is a SCAM

Knowing how a lot of guys on here will react and say i'm making this up or have other motives, not even sure why i'm doing it, but I don't want anyone to go through what I had to for this promo. This is a total setup from Party to get people to play like crazy and make all the extra money.

Not sure how many people knew, but I was told of this 3 days before it started on Saturday. I was told just make 30k in the week and you're good. Then it was changed to first 20 and you're good. So I got a bunch of people together and planned to do it all at midnight. So, by 12:45 through referrals, I earned myself a quick 35,000 points just to be safe. I was sure that was the quickest by far. So I email party and call, as the manager who told me about it told me to call her personally and she'd arrange everything because i've had a few problems with them and she was being nice. So I call and she totally blows me off and says she doesn't even know who I am or what I talking about.

No problem, i have the points, send me my trip. So i'm told I did it all quick and rushed for nothing as the system won't update until the next day anyway. And the first 20 people to call in after it updates get the prize, so now it's more like a lottery and it keeps changing everytime I talk to a different person. So I wait up all night hitting refresh on the points page and in the morning it updates, only it updates for the jan 31 points, not the first. So now I have to wait until today to do it. Stay up all night again and my points get put in, only i'm short about 6,000 because they didn't credit my full number of referrals.

So I call in, furious they screwed me again, and i'm told too bad, can't do anything until system tells us you made 30k. Even though he can see I had the referrals he still couldn't do it manually, and I was scewed for the fifth time on it. Finally after arguing and getting the managers manager involved, 3 people up, I'm told they'll forward it to promotions who will review it for me and take care of it right away.

Only problem is, they've left for the day and won't be back for 15 hours?? So, i'm pissed now, and call back and ask for promotions, sure enough, they're working 24/7 they tell me. So, i've been lied to for the 20th time on this. She goes on to tell me too bad, have to wait, AND heres the kicker. I've been told and have read that as soon as you have the 30k, email in and they'll deduct the points from your account and you're good to go. NOW she tells me, once the points are there they forward it to management, and on the 7th, NO SOONER, they will review all the people who made the point requirements and alert the 20 winners.

So the first 20 is bullshit, it's whichever 20 they decide to pick, which i'm sure is predetermined. So, i'm 100% sure I did this the quickest and i was done 45 minutes into the thing, and they won't give me the stupid package and worst of all, i won't even know until the 7th, which i'm sure is crap and no way i'm getting it. If it wasn't a scam, then once you made the points in time, they'd tell the first 20, no problem you got the package, congratulations. But what they are doing is holding off, so they get the most extra money from everyone, only to screw everyone at the end. I have proof i made the points and if this isn't resolved in the morning, i will be contacting my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau and anyone else that will listen. If they wanted to make this like they are, they should have just said so, and put everyones name in a hat who qualified and pick 20. Instead they get everyones hopes up, and get all the extra money and referrals and screw everyone in the end. This won't stop you guys from trying probably, but I just don't want someone to spend every night earning points or getting refferals and making party money, and end up getting screwed and lied to. Take it for what you will.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Party Poker 50k point promo is a SCAM

[ QUOTE ]
Only problem is, they've left for the day and won't be back for 15 hours?? So, i'm pissed now, and call back and ask for promotions, sure enough, they're working 24/7 they tell me. So, i've been lied to for the 20th time on this. She goes on to tell me too bad, have to wait, AND heres the kicker. I've been told and have read that as soon as you have the 30k, email in and they'll deduct the points from your account and you're good to go. NOW she tells me, once the points are there they forward it to management, and on the 7th, NO SOONER, they will review all the people who made the point requirements and alert the 20 winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get used to it. Their customer service is awful. Just to fart around I played starluck.com(0wned by partypoker). I got to the semifinals for the cruise and the freeroll was gone. I called in asking what happened and no one had an answer. I think a lot of their themed promotions are bs. They are not very well thought out and executed poorly.

You will most likely call tommorow and be told that the promotions person is on "vacation leave". They love doing this type of $hit. I can't tell you how many hours of my life i've wasted dealing with their incompetent support.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:46 PM

When they "review" all the people who emailed in and qualified, don't you think they'll just select the 20 that the system says got the points first? Take a chill pill dude. If you really did it that fast, the evidence is all there in their system. Of course they aren't going to notify all the winners instantly, they want as many people to participate in this thing as possible.

And it's a free trip, it's not like something they took away from you that was rightfully yours. Patience is a virtue. Awesome if you get it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When they "review" all the people who emailed in and qualified, don't you think they'll just select the 20 that the system says got the points first? Take a chill pill dude. If you really did it that fast, the evidence is all there in their system. Of course they aren't going to notify all the winners instantly, they want as many people to participate in this thing as possible.

And it's a free trip, it's not like something they took away from you that was rightfully yours. Patience is a virtue. Awesome if you get it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called false advertising you dip$hit.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:49 PM

sticks and stones
Old 02-02-2005, 04:55 PM

Call 911, someone needs a waaaaaaaambulance.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i will be contacting my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau and anyone else that will listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about this, and it's probably good that you posted it here, so others won't try to qualify while drawing dead, so to speak.

That said, your lawyer and the BBB won't be able to help you. PP isn't based in this country.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:20 PM

i think you got screwed on this one, as i've been notified already as a winner, and they told you they wouldn't do so until the 7th.

on top of that, i show i've only accumulated 26,500 points thus far, yet they credit me as having 34,500.

oh, well. hopefully you get there. if you make the trip, look me up and we'll have a drink or 10.
<font color="white"> i'm a dirty liar </font>
cheers!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:36 PM

First of all, it isn't "free". I earned my first points playing a lot on their site and giving them rake. Secondly, they ARE taking away something that is rightfully mine as I did the requirements and I am rightfully entitled to what they said they were giving out. Lastly, who is to say they will take the first 20 people? On their site they say you email in and they review it right away and deduct the points and award the prize. It doesn't say we'll reward them after we milk every last penny from everyone.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2005, 06:02 PM

So if I understand this correctly, you're complaining because you got insider information from a manger, which allowed you to jump the gun on everybody else with a bunch of referrals.

I wonder if they fired the manager?