Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Howd I do?

Just checking to see how I did. Results in a few hours.

10/20 on UB. UTG limps, and he only has 80 in front of him. I raise red aces and get 3 bet by the button. UTG calls and I cap.

Flop: 986 and 2 hearts. I bet, button raises. UTG calls 2, I 3 bet, button caps and UTG calls all in.

Turn: 6 of hearts. I bet, button raises and I call.

River is a Black 2 and I check and call.

Howd I do? Not enough bets on the turn, or just right?
Old 02-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Howd I do?

Looks more like button has AA/KK/QQ than 99/88 or a flush. With no read on your opponent I think it's close between 3-betting the turn and just calling. I don't play UB 10/20 so I don't know how aggressive it usually is. Because you have the ace of hearts, it's unlikely your opponent was on the flush draw (since AK/AQ/AJs are ruled out). I'd think about check-raise this turn.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:39 PM

Two questions I'd like to know: Is the button player capable of making these same plays with 99 or 88? Is this a shorthanded game?

The nature of the Button tells me he has a very big hand, probably KK or QQ but could be AA. He's shown PF and on the flop that he's going to put in that extra bet. The flush hitting makes me more weary of the all-in player than the button so I like the lead bet here on the turn. My goal then would be to create a big enough side pot as I'm more worried about the all-in player than the Button.
True to form, the button raises, I like reraising meaning you'll probably get capped back to you. You've got a HUGE hand to include the nut flush draw.

How'd the hand turn out? My gut tells me you scooped both main and side pot.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:40 PM

I'd definately put more bets in on the turn w/ the nut flush draw you just picked up.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd definately put more bets in on the turn w/ the nut flush draw you just picked up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was capped and now the board just paired. What do you think he might have here?
Old 02-02-2005, 01:55 PM

AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT
Old 02-02-2005, 01:59 PM

Preflop was also capped so unless the button is a maniac, he doesn't have any piece of that board (save the slight possibilty of 99 or 88 in which case the poster is behind anyway). I'm not worried at all that he has a 6, that's just retarted thinking and an easy way to toss a winning hand.

But again, play here depends on the player in question. I reraise here (unless I know something that tells me different).
Old 02-02-2005, 02:44 PM

I thought i played it a little weakly on the turn. Since I capped, I didnt think he would come over the top of me with TT, JJ or even QQ. I didnt think he had a flush, since I had the A of hearts. So that left him with just 99 for the full house, which was good. I still think I should have reraised given the range of hands he could have. I almost assuredly do if the board isnt paired, as I have a bunch more outs.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:52 PM

Pretty standard, really. Considering button's PF aggression in this hand, and the low cards on the board, I'm expecting you to take this one while he's holding KK/QQ.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:56 PM

eek